Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll set the scene- I was on the GW site...there scene set.

Any way I was looking into buying a box set, £15, and I went to the checkout and it had for some reason knocked almost £1 off the price. So I went and checked a £30 boxed set and almost £2 was knocked off there, basically I checked other sets and the price drop just kept on increasing.

Is this been happening for a while or have I just been the first to discover a good thing?

·
Registered
454 Posts
No worries, internet glitchs happen more often then you think.
Talking about gltiches, last month DELL got a really serious one over here, prices where in Pesos (local currency), so when they got the new prices from USA they proceeded to update them on their site, but someone "forgot" to add an extra Zero to them. So, what happened was that during half a day you could buy 5 laptops for the price of one (no kidding!). They only realized this after their online service collapsed by thousands of orders. :laugh:
Later DELL didn't want to send the purchased items to their owners, trying to excuse themselves for the mistake. The people sued and won. :grin:

Anyway back to topic..I didn´t notice anything, but did you get the discount when you actually purchased the set??

·
Registered
267 Posts
So, what happened was that during half a day you could buy 5 laptops for the price of one (no kidding!). They only realized this after their online service collapsed by thousands of orders.
I am sorry but that is just awesome:laugh:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Just saw that myself with the cards. lol. Seriously, whoever GW's webmaster is sucks with all the mistakes they get on the site.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Yeah, I keep finding the wrong pics for products. They're advertsing Leman Russes with a Sauron model and in the Blood Angel WD it had the Space Marine Commander box replaced by a Dreadnought box. I wish they'd just do something about it!

Midnight

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
You'd think with all the money GW has got out of us with it's plastic cocaine, they could at least hire a decent IT department... Oh wait I forgot GW doesn't care about anyone old enough to own a credit card/paypal account.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
so, was Codex: Cheerleaders a website mistake, or a bizarre dream?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yeah, I was having a mare looking at bloodbowl stuff earlier, ended up getting pissed off because it wouldn't list all the teams down the side, would only give me random selections :-s

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yeah, I keep finding the wrong pics for products. They're advertsing Leman Russes with a Sauron model and in the Blood Angel WD it had the Space Marine Commander box replaced by a Dreadnought box. I wish they'd just do something about it!

Midnight
Saw THIS a few months ago:

:headbutt:

EDIT: just saw the pic was in French, so you may not understand what is funny: The text is advertising the Space Marines Casualties miniatures.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
GW I think is run by coke addicts that make some form of coke that they dust the minis in so we get addicted to it xD

1 - 20 of 22 Posts