Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like an idiot asking how to use this, but I am.

How the fuck do you turn this thing on?

There are no damn directions.

Oh, oh wait--there is. There are four pictures of a wire. Woo!

Which way do you turn the little bitch to have it "on" or "off?"

Also--How do you keep the wire from falling the hell off?

And how/what order do you put in the batteries/spring?!

The article on the GW sucks! :evil:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry Anphicar,

but this was the most funniest post I have read here :lol: I have no clue on how to work the GW hot wire cutter however... Woodland scenics makes a hot wire cutter and its much easier to use :)

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Well to be honest it takes a bit of trail and error, first put the two large batteries in, both with the pointy end first. Then put in the spring;

N
===
===
===
===
===
N
===
===
===
===
===
S
SS
SSS

Then screw the lit on, after that is is experimenting. I've found that if (usually) works when you turn the little metal dile down to touch the lit. That should do the trick :wink:

EDIT: sorry missed the wire question. I generally attach it first to the tube, wrapping the ends together to keep it tightly together. Then pull the wire to the metal extension (if necessary us a bit of force to keep the wire tight) wrap the wire a few times round the metal rod and voila......one attached wire.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, i was going to get a good Wonder Cutter brand one, for literally half the damn price.

Hmmm shall i spend $30.00...or $12.50?

Of course i dont buy it then..So today when i came back to the hobby shop, it was gone, so i bought the GW one. :evil:

Thanks Heph. When you say "lit" you mean lid right? Or is there something called a lit..?

@foal --Lol. I was a bit teased off after buying the little fucker for $30.00 with no directions. 8)

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Oops.....I did indeed mean lid....stupid bi-lingual thinking :wink:

Now to get some sleep, 05:24 AM here :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
LOL, these things are so easy to use anph.

all you do to switch it on is turn the metal strip on the side round till it touches the metal rim. This completes the circuit.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:oops:

I didnt touch the lid with it.

I turned it left and right at every bleeding angle though, and gave i a minute to warm up.

Damn im dumb. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts