Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've tried (and failed) to incorporate all the parts of the Ork Army I like. I failed because I love Dreadnoughts and Killa Kans. It'd be awesome to have 9 kans klinking across the field but I just can't convince myself it's a good idea.

Here's the basic idea:

1- Lobbas annoy the enemy and force armor saves.
2 - Deff Koptas zoom forward and try to take out tanks. I'd consider giving 1 buzz Saw / Squad if I had the points.
3- Da' Kommanda' and his boyz crush some 'eads.
. . . yeah, that's about it for Ork Kunnin'

Big Questions:
1 - Do I really NEED 10 Nobs, or is it over kill?
2 - Is Snikrot and his squad worth the points? On paper they sound awesome . . .
3 - Should I really just give in to my inner Mek and cram as many Kans and Deff Dreads as possible into the list?

(HQ) War Boss Kommanda' Krackskull
Eavy Armor, Cybork Body, Boss Pole, Power Klaw

(HQ) Big Mek Rusty Whatnotz
Kustom Force Field

(Troop) 10 Nobs
'Eavy Armor, Waagh! Banner, Pain Boy
Cybork Body, Stik Bombs, 2 Huge Choppas
** BattleWagon
Armor Plates, 4 Bolt on Big Shootas

(Troop) 12 Ork Boyz
Sluggas and Choppas, Nob with Power Klaw, 'Eavy Armor, Boss Pole
Trukk

(Troop) 12 Ork Boyz
Sluggas and Choppas, Nob with Power Klaw, 'Eavy Armor, Boss Pole
Trukk

(Troop) 20 Ork Boyz
Shootas, Nob with Power Klaw
2 Big Shootas

(Elite) 9 Kommandos
2 Burnas, Snikrot

(Fast) 3 Deff Koptas
Twin Linked Rokkit Launchas

(Fast) 3 Deff Koptas

(Fast) 3 Deff Koptas

(Heavy) 3 Big Gunz
Lobba Upgrade, Slaver

(Heavy) 3 Big Gunz
Lobba Upgrade, Slaver

(Heavy) 3 Big Gunz
Lobba Upgrade, Slaver

:victory:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't have much time so i'll make this quick.This is too much toys, not enough boyz. Drop some Deffkoptas, this is too much. Ok time is up, my advice is listen to your inner wantings, excepy for tournaments, just do what you like remember warhammer is for fun.

·
Registered
466 Posts
first of all i think u have a bit more than 2k points

problems i see with ur list:
1. 1 battlewagon and 2 trukks are going to die with ease against every shooty army (and even less shooties i'd say)
2. you have 4 troops on the boards, 2 of them are 12man boyz mob (aka ''i wont make it to the end of the game but i can do some damage before dieing'') 1 is a 20man footslogging (not so easy to wipe out but neither difficoult for every army with a dedicated CC unit) and only the last one is hard to kill (but they'll have a big red mark on them since they scare lot of opponents)
3. 9 deffkoptas and 9 lobbas may be really good or really bad depending on games imho, anyway i think there are better things u can put on the board with 600+pts
4. u have no Powerklaws on ur nobz

i think it'll be nearly impossible to win with this army against some specific opponents like SWs/DAs terminators heavy lists, BAs, LRs spam(chaos and loyal), eldars SL spam, nidz horde style...etc so it may need a little more thinking

to make it simple... MORE BOYZ ! ! !

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hrm.. ok.

Nobs in squads have power klaws.

Boss has Str10 Power Klaw in Nob squad. Seemed expensive to give multiple Nobs Power Klaws in that squad. But . . . maybe worth it?

I've play-tested an 7 Nob squad with this warboss in a 1000Vs1000 point game and they were fine. Wiped out 2 marine squads and a dreadnought.

More boyz . . . ok.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1) Don't put the deffkopters in units of 3, they will run away after getting one casualty.

Decide what you are going to do and do a lot of it.
i.e. if you want to play battlewagons play with 3 of them, not one. If you want to play Trukks go with lots of them. Don't do a little of each, if the enemy has a really good anti tank gun he will destroy your battlewagon. Let him kill a trukk instead.

Buy a Kustom force field to protect the trukks (a bit)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts