Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
K, for a while I have had my Alternate Heresy Generator up in the Houserules and Homebrew section of Heresy. But I decided to make a heresy where I chose the stuff that happened: The Gulliman Heresy. This is the first piece that I am doing in no order (Doing legions first so I can make an accurate overall description later). Enjoy and please tell me what you think:

Blood Angels​

Primarch:

Youth:

When the Chaos forces scattered the primarchs, the young Sanguinius was found on the planet of Baal Prime that was ruined millennia ago by a nuclear civil war. The radioactive atmosphere made the surviving people have to wear radioactive suits their entire life while defending themselves from mutant’s tribes that wandered the wastelands. When he landed, Sanguinius had been exposed to the warp far more than his brothers had so that when his pod opened he had majestic angel-like wings sporting from his back.

When Sanguinius emerged from the great wasteland on giant wings, the tribe of humans that saw him believed him to be a god and adopted him into their tribe that they renamed ‘The Blood’ in his honour. Sanguinius’ first act as tribe chief was to promise the destruction of the mutant tribes of Baal.

Sanguinius was incredibly bloodthirsty. He even slaughtered entire mutant tribes just to kill and cause pain. His tribe followed this bad example becoming even worse monsters than what they were fighting.

After a decade of hunting the mutants of Baal Prime, Sanguinius was overlord of several different human tribes including his own. One day, Sanguinius received a report that the mutants were hiding beyond the great wasteland on dark side of Baal Prime. Sanguinius gathered his forces and trekked across the wastelands to arrive at an evacuation centre for the mutant young and infirm. Sanguinius sent his warriors to slaughter all in their path with no mercy and they all watched the Angel fly from mutant to mutant, cutting them down as if they were weeds with a bone chilling smile upon his beautiful features.

Three decades after he first landed on Baal Prime, Sanguinius had two visions. The first showed an unearthly, powerful god warrior cutting down the mighty God Sanguinius on a floor of bloodstained gold (It is believed by many Imperial Scholars that the Chaos Gods had planted this dark lie in the young Primarchs head to turn him against the Emperor). The second showed the sky of Baal Prime with hundreds of giant metal birds landing on his planet with the same god warrior standing in front of him with his arms open in a welcoming gesture. The moment the vision ended, Sanguinius already knew that his killer was his father and that he would not let what he had seen come true.

In only a few weeks, Sanguinius’ second vision came true. The Angel bowed his knee before the Emperor and pledged his service to the Imperium with the Emperor unaware that Sanguinius had already pledged his soul to the Blood God, Khorne.

Great Crusade:

During the Emperor’s Great Crusade, Sanguinius and his Blood Angels took many planets in the name of Mankind. Though secretly, the worlds he took became altars of Khorne who fed on the millions of blood sacrifices committed each day on every planet the Blood Angels had conquered.

The Emperor grew unhappy with the Blood Angels’ Primarch because of the unnecessary bloodshed his legion commits in battle. The Emperor cornered his son one day and commanded him to change his and his legions ways or else he would regret it. Sanguinius grew angry with his father after hearing that and decided that action had to be taken soon.

Gulliman Heresy

When Roboute Guilliman declared his allegiance to Chaos, Sanguinius was the first one to join him. Sanguinius also witnessed the Scouring of Isstvan III, where he watched those loyal to him die in agony and smiled his bone-chilling smile.

After receiving the co-ordinates of where the three loyalist legions would arrive from, Sanguinius and his frenzied Blood Angels left for what became the Dropsite Massacre.

Sanguinius butchered any loyalist that stood in his way with his blood-drenched Blade Encarmine and relished the pain and death that surrounded him. He flew from Innocent to Innocent, cutting them down as he did the mutants all that time ago.

When they reached the gates of the Emperors palace, Sanguinius and his Angels of Blood descended upon the Eternity Gate on wings of fire and slaughtered the defending Iron Warriors with such frenzied rage. Then they committed an act that would make even the most fearless veteran nauseous. They drank and bathed in the crimson blood that spouted from the limbs of the dead and dying. It is said that Sanguinius laughed with such glee as he spilled blood for the Blood God and drank to fulfil the bloodthirstiness that had plagued him since the moment that he emerged from the pod that brought him to Baal. Perturabo let out a fierce battle cry before charging at Sanguinius, but no matter how strong Perturabo was, he wasn’t a match for the Angel of Khorne, who disarmed the mighty Primarch and carried him into the air with his gore-covered wings. Sanguinius then tore open Perturabo’s neck and feasted on the thick, salty blood of the dying legend before casting the broken corpse towards the ground amongst his weeping sons.

When Guilliman was utterly destroyed, the Blood Angels kept slaughtering the weakened legions even as the other traitors escaped. Sanguinius and his Scions only left because they’re numbers were greatly reduced from when they’d started and with the remaining legions that were away when the Battle of Terra took place arriving any moment, they would have been completely exterminated without the help of the other traitors.

Post-Heresy

Sanguinius and the Blood Angels caused much havoc as they retreated into the Eye of Terror, as every world they passed was butchered and feasted upon. When they finally reached the Eye of Terror, Sanguinius had already been gifted with the ascension to Daemon Prince of Khorne. Even now, Sanguinius is leading raids into the Imperium to destroy and drink the blood of his enemies.

Appearance:

During the Great Crusade, Sanguinius was a primarch with long light-blonde hair and pure white eyes. He wore beautifully ornate golden armour and had a majestic presence that none could ignore. Sanguinius had large, stunning wings made up out of skull white feathers.

During the Guilliman Heresy, Sanguinius acquired a thin, haunted look with sunken eyes. His ornate armour became smeared with blood and caked with mud but still retained his original good looks and most of his majestic presence. His once gorgeous wings became coated in blood and streaked with scars received in battle.

During Post-Heresy, Sanguinius ascended to the rank of Daemon Prince. He now has an alien face that speaks of the magnificence that he once had unless in battle, where his mask lifts and amidst the snarls, his face represents all rage and hate that exists in the universe. His daemon armour is a shining gold infused with his blood red flesh. Sanguinius has wings that are absolutely massive, with blood seeping in through the gaps of the feathers all eternity. His Daemon Weapon is etched with glowing runes and is always steeped in blood.

History:

The Blood Angels are currently based on the Daemon World of Diosangue ruled over by the Daemon Primarch, Sanguinius. It is a world of blood and death, with the sky raining and the sea’s being filled with blood, and the ground carved out of the bones of defeated warriors fighting in the name of the Blood God. Gladiatorial Contests take place every minute of every day, with the victors ripping their opponent apart and gorging themselves on the blood that remains. Sanguinius is the undefeated champion of these contests and the destiny of anybody that faces the Angel of Khorne is a gory one indeed.

The most famous encounter involving the Blood Angels since the Heresy has to be the Scouring of Darkhold. Darkhold was a Hive World of immense size before the fatefull day where the Blood Angels Warband under control of Commander Dante attacked. Billions were slaughtered to the point where inhabitants would take their own life’s to be spared the agony of being feasted upon. The very few that were not killed were instead selected to become new Blood Angels which is a fate worse than being slain a hundred-thousand times.

Appearance:

Blood red armour with dark crimson armour trimming and a golden shoulder pad trim. Blood Angels are decorated with blood and most of them wear unique Khornate helmets.

Organisation:

Currently, the Blood Angels are organized into warbands that can be made up out of hundreds to thousands of Raving Blood Angel Berzerkers with more famous examples being ‘The Host’ led by Commander Dante and the ‘Flesh Tearers’ led by Gabriel Seth.

Combat Doctrine:

During the Heresy, Sanguinius and his legion abandoned all of the tactical knowledge that they had gathered over the years, becoming Khorne Berzerkers that were nothing but raving loony’s obsessed with spilling blood for the Blood God and taking skulls for the skull throne.

Among the scattered warbands of the once great Blood Angels remain two great organizations, if not warped like their brethren.

At the side of a Blood Angels warband would sometimes be a golden warrior soaked in the blood of fallen heroes, with a beautiful mask that rivals the features of the most stunning person in the galaxy carrying a glowing red sword with dark runes engraved on the blade. This warrior would be one of the legendary Sanguinary Guard, the ancient bodyguards of the primarch himself and now one of the mightiest group of champions to ever serve Khorne. The Guard are hunters. They track down their pray and after toying with them, giving them the sweet possibility of survival, they brutally end their fantasies and life with a blow to the neck or blade through the heart. The Sanguinary Guard are perfectionests and undefeated in battle. If ever defeated, there is no doubt that a Guard will take their own life as Khorne does not care where the blood flows from.

Within the Blood Angels there is still a surviving brotherhood of healer that have become insane in the centuries since the heresy. Not as obsessed of spilling and devouring the blood of other races and the Imperium, The Sanguinary Priests are the ones who ensure the dreaded Chaos Legion survives. Before Battle, the Priests will have his fellow Angels drink the liquid of his mighty muddy and blood-stained chalice that which contains the blood of the Priest and the Angel of Khorne himself. On the battlefield they extract the geneseed of the fallen Berzerkers and in a gruelling ritual they drain the corpses dry of the blood that fuelled them. The blood of fellow Chaos has tampered with their physical apperance as well as their minds. The Priests have blood red hair and massive fangs as well as cold, black dead eyes. This has led many a warrior to believe a Priest to be dead when they were very much alive.

Battlecry:

Their battlecry is commonly ‘Blood for the Blood God!’ and ‘Feast in the name of almighty God Sanguinius!’. In rare instances their cry may also be 'Blood calls out to Blood, so we may spill it sooner!".

Notable Individuals:

· Sanguinius: Primarch of the Blood Angels
· Commander Dante: Lord of the Host Warband
· Sanguinary Priest Corbulo: Holder of the Red Grail
· Gabriel Seth: Lord of the Flesh Tearers’ Warband

·
Registered
70 Posts
MAIM! KILL! DESTROY! MAIM! KILL! DESTROY! MAIM! KILL! DESTROY!

I like this alternative heretical history so far.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
do the legions switch sides as far as whos loyal or who follows chaos? very nicely done mate. please say Lion El'Johnson and Luther stay loyal.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Lies and bedrail! lol Nice work.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do the legions switch sides as far as whos loyal or who follows chaos? very nicely done mate. please say Lion El'Johnson and Luther stay loyal.
No, they do not just switch sides, it is completely revamped to be what I want it think it would be cool like.

Dark Angels are loyal though and thanks for the compliment.

Lies and bedrail! lol Nice work.
Thanks

and so the vampire is risen, blood for the blood god...i like this a lot
I'm glad that you're enjoying it

Hopefully next part up today

·
Registered
941 Posts
Nice work, maybe go into a little more detail, though, like how his visions came true, like in what fashion! Good stuff!:biggrin:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you going to post any more of these? Loyal EC? Loyal Sons of Horus?
~Bane of Kings
I'll post more as I write it.

maybe go into a little more detail, though, like how his visions came true, like in what fashion!
Well I put enought detail on what happened first time being true, while the second vision never did (the Dark Forces planted that lie in Sanguinius' head).

·
Registered
745 Posts
really like where this is going. hope to read more of this soon and see how the traitors we know could have been if they stayed noble.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Oh I really like this. Will be watching out for more alternate history stuff, I want to see what factions are loyal and which are not!

Hurry and post your next history.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Oh shit I never noticed it was a necro bump. Maybe some of our talented writers could take this and make it reality.

·
Registered
745 Posts
we should just wait until the original poster takes it back up. he may be busy in real life and would be wrong for others to take over his work which he started.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
K, sorry I was gone for so long. You guys have inspired me to make time and finish writing the second one. Thanks!

I have edited the Blood Angels adding Organisation, Combat Doctrine, Battlecry and Notable Individuals.

I will carry on with the other existing thread, the Iron Warrior and will write some story for certain sections

·
Registered
22 Posts
when you do alpha legion can you make it so the two primachs betray each other? I think Tycho should betray sanguinis like kharn did with Angron. good job

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny you should say that as that is what I was planning anyways :biggrin:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you should read the Badab War then, it really shows how much of a dictatorship the Imperium is and that they are completely willing to crush anything that tries to undermine them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts