Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Grr! That is all.
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I love this beer and I am not traditionally a beer drinker. I have had lots of different beers but I always come back to realizing no other beer tastes better or is more enjoyable for me than GES. I have to be careful though as I am a light weight and one and a half will usually do me in.

I once went to festival where they had all kinds of Guinness recipes and samples from BBQ sauces to cakes and ice cream. It was awesome.

Who else loves this beer?

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
Back during postgrad days at Uni, it was a regular thing on Fridays (and sometimes on Wednesdays as well on those REALLY long weeks) for four of us to head over to the local for a liquid dinner consisting of us buying 4 rounds of Guinness EACH... that plus the mandatory packets of Walker crisps, nuts and pork scratchings.

...and then, there was that one time... :laugh:

Those were the days!!!

PS: It's still my regular when I'm in pub with workmates, albeit in smaller quantities now, i.e. no more that 4 pints as a rule (which occasionally get broken on special events like welcoming or leaving dos...) :wink:

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Gusiness. You don't have to like it but when it's put in front of you you dam well drink it!

I do happen to like it though.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Guinness is the greatest beverage company in the world, a pint of Guinness extra cold on a hot day is a wondrous thing indeed!

Also, Guinness Foreign Extra is great stuff for the brave, at 7.5% its not to be sniffed at!
I couldn't agree more than this.

Guinness has always been my number one choice if I had to get a beer. Consider me part of the fanclub!

·
Closet Dictator
3,413 Posts
To be enjoyed properly it must be consumed in 18 sups, and if not then you have to try again until you get it right, so a smiling barman told me as I got another round in.

·
Grr! That is all.
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, Guinness Foreign Extra is great stuff for the brave, at 7.5% its not to be sniffed at!
What is this magical elixir you speak of? I have not seen this yet. :shok:

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Does it reflect badly on my man brand if I say I don't really like drinking Guinness Ido cook with it quite a lot. My steak and Guinness pies are legendary !

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Normally I can knock back any alcohol you care to name for fun, but Guinness is the only beer that gives me hangovers, and that I can't consume on mass as it sits too heavy on my stomach....

Odd when I drink Moorhouse's Black Cat no problem.

Does it reflect badly on my man brand if I say I don't really like drinking Guinness Ido cook with it quite a lot. My steak and Guinness pies are legendary
Nope, that's a mans pie.

·
Grr! That is all.
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quiche is awesome.

Still have not found that Guinness Foreign Extra, thought it would for sure be at Bevmo. Might need to requisition a different way. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts