Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just was looking through Facebook, and heard Graham McNeill is going to the US. Also a little a bit about his newer projects. One being a potential End of Times for 40k. Something to do with the failure of the Golden Throne which was something in 6th and 7th edition. Apparently, McNeill has plans with Gillian being a big factor.

Not sure what to think about the 40k End of Times. I feel that after seeing a bit with what happened in Fantasy, I just don't think there's a way Chaos doesn't win. Especially if Khorne pops up and starts slicing and dicing. What a cheater.

Seems like old news though. So forgive me if you go, no shit.

http://www.spikeybitsblog.com/2014/12/end-times-40k-confirmed-the-primarchs-return.html

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if there is a 40K end times its gonna go between Chaos, the Orks and Tyranids. I don't think that its a clear cut case that Chaos would win.
I kind of disagree. Unless the Necrons have some tricks up their sleeve. There are infinite amount of daemons and power from the Chaos Gods. And The Fantasy End of Times has had the chaos gods literally intervene. Khorne literally used his axe!!!

The End of Times definitely puts a different perspective of the Chaos Gods in my mind. The original thought about Chaos is that they care little for the affairs of mortals. However, I fee like that coming from Chaos Codexes was a way to stir fans into one direction of thinking. Almost a narrative created by the Chaos Gods to basically describe themselves through the codexes. It seems quite evident that they do indeed care A LOT about the mortal realm.

I'm also tired of this autocorrect. All my Khornes are being turned into thrones. Its bullshit.

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
I kind of disagree. Unless the Necrons have some tricks up their sleeve. There are infinite amount of daemons and power from the Chaos Gods. And The Fantasy End of Times has had the chaos gods literally intervene. Khorne literally used his axe!!!

The End of Times definitely puts a different perspective of the Chaos Gods in my mind. The original thought about Chaos is that they care little for the affairs of mortals. However, I fee like that coming from Chaos Codexes was a way to stir fans into one direction of thinking. Almost a narrative created by the Chaos Gods to basically describe themselves through the codexes. It seems quite evident that they do indeed care A LOT about the mortal realm.

I'm also tired of this autocorrect. All my Khornes are being turned into thrones. Its bullshit.
you are right about the unlimited supply of Daemons, however for every ork that dies there will be a dozen more. the more orks die the more spores spread across planets. basicly there is a near limitless supply of orks as well.

and there is no indication that there is a limit to the amount of armies and creatures the Tyranids can bring forth from beyond known space.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
There's been a lot of stuff thrown out in recent years regarding the 40k Endtimes. I don't think it'll be a straightforward win for Chaos. The missing primarchs returning could swing it for the Imperium, the Laughing God might just pull off whatever it is he's planning, all the remaining tomb worlds might awaken together, Ghazkull and his new Galactic wide teleporter might raise the biggest Waaagh ever seen, and the Emperor alone knows how many hive fleets are closing in on the galaxy.

·
Closet Dictator
3,428 Posts
Khorne will cut Tzeentchs head off and laugh "you never saw that coming". Nurgle will discover breath mints and soap and be a hit with the ladies and slaanesh will join the priesthood and the galaxy all lives happy ever after

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Tyranids and CHaos are the most pressing threats to the galaxy at large right now.

I never once bought intothe possibility that orks could be a contender, and the necrons are no longer on the galactic threat scale either. I don't doubt both these races will play an important role, but they won't be fighting alone like the two big bads will.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Khorne will cut Tzeentchs head off and laugh "you never saw that coming". Nurgle will discover breath mints and soap and be a hit with the ladies and slaanesh will join the priesthood and the galaxy all lives happy ever after
Seems legit......

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The problem with orks I feel is that for the most part they have a very weak will. Orks in my mind could be swayed to chaos.

Wasn't it hinted in Storm of Iron that one of their ships was basically a Tyranid vessel infected with the virus?

Those are two forces that could give Chaos a good fight in my eyes. However, I feel that there could be a concern if Chaos infects there forces.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I still think it'd be a chuckle if Grandfather infected a hive fleet...... :crazy:

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Nids are vulnerable to physical corruption, but all the emotional aspects that affect beings like humans simply don't exist in tyranid minds, so that's as far as it would get.

Nids with Nurgle's Rot has been done before I believe. Generally they either adapt and make use of it to their advantage, or they exterminate those of their own carrying the taint.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Well each has its own strengths and weaknesses

The Imperial weakness is despite owning a lot of the galaxy they are rather slow to act and become obsessed with having to defend the core and other things can fend for themselves. Also in a way they could be seen to lack stable numbers. Many of the worlds would happily go renegade if it meant they got a better deal than they currently do and had no ramifications of Imperial counter attack.

Orks as said above have huge numbers, but only where they go, and if they are planning a space hopping adventure, the numbers become limited as they will be leaving lots of spore children behind everywhere, but need to have moved on before they could grow. Equally you have giant space missiles that just wipe out planets with virus bombs and such and that puts an end to them if the Imperials or Chaos think they are going down then they will happily do that.

Necrons have the unknown number question over there head that we have no idea how many there are. But also we don't know how sane they are or if they will actually work together to kill everyone else before turning against each other. The bonus is that they don't have a warp signature so daemons have a hard time feeding against them.

Chaos have the whole wax and wane thing going that every time they get bigger they kinda fall in to old habits and screw each other over. The other major thing with them is they need physical beings to power them and feed them raw emotions. This isn't going to happen if Necrons who as said before don't have warp signatures, or Tyranids are running the galaxy, cos neither feed the Chaos Gods anything. So the Daemon part of Chaos suddenly falls away as does the power of the Warp and the Eye shrinks. The do however have a bit of an answer to Orks, Nids, Necrons and many other races, that they can literally blow up planets from space. This stops Orks from sporing, Nids from gathering raw materials, Necrons from waking up...

Eldar & Dark Eldar just don't have the numbers to survive from what has always been said. Though who knows if a load of Craftworlds still live beyond the galactic edge.

Tyranids are another unknown number, though in past lore it was hinted at that these were the Old Ones revenge plot to kinda eat the Galaxy and start over. This kinda makes a bit of sense in some ways as they absorb all rare material and I am sure the old ones could have some kind of command that is embedded in the hive mind to tell them to stop when they see Old Ones again, or the Old Ones might be the Greater Hive Mind. This would get their revenge on the Necrons and C'tan and everyone else. If however they are just a galaxy traversing mass of bugs then they might win the day by simply doing what no other race will do. Strip down everything in their path to make more of them.

Tau... yeah... not enough of them and right in the way of the Nids, though seem to have been semi ignored by them due to lack of warp presence not allowing Nids to lock on as easy unless they just happen to chance upon them...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Bring it on. I'd love the primarchs to return and the plot move forward, but it would seem a strange move to begin it before the HH series ends

As long as they don't start squatting a load of stuff. Kill special characters by all means, but ruining factions in the game would blow (unless they squat eldar)

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
Some of the Primarchs would be hard to bring back alive. Ferus though is pretty dead. I'm trying to think what primarch isn't absolutely dead. I guess all could be alive. Though primarchs like Ferrus and Curze would be lame to bring back because they would ruin the purpose of their deaths.
ignoring the current state of the Horus Heresy. Leman Russ is in the eye of terror somewhere with the 13th company. the Khan chased some Dark Eldar into the webway. Vulcan according to 40K lore disappeared, the salamanders say he will return after they found all his hidden relics. corax disappeared into the eye of terror. the lion is having a very long beauty sleep in the Rock.

non of these are confirmed to be actualy dead in 40K. and thats a potential 5 loyalist primarchs that might return.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts