Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through my IG book last night and was confused on this.
Guardsman Marbo is not listed as an Independent Charecter, but he is deployed by himself. Does this mean he is essentially a one person troop choice?

Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes, Guardsman Marbo is a solo operative, popping up somewhere, throws a demo pack, then is shot to death, since noone wants to let him live. at all.
He be dangerus!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I was looking through my IG book last night and was confused on this.
Guardsman Marbo is not listed as an Independent Charecter, but he is deployed by himself. Does this mean he is essentially a one person troop choice?

Thanks
He's a one man elite choice buddy. He even has a special rule called 'loner' :wink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oops.
Yeah, he is in the elite section isin't he.
Well, that aside, is he a usefull choice?

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
Completely awesome, at least in my opinion. Actually gives me a use for this eversor assassin I have. What better for a loner then a model of a skull face psychopath. :biggrin:

·
Registered
465 Posts
He's a single elite choice, but you can't think of him as an individual unit or character.
Marbo is a weapon, so he's not really meant to survive.
60pts gets you a demo, 12'' range pinning sniper and pinning combat skills (hit and run, poison weapon) which can be deployed anywhere you want. He's great because you pretty much don't need to fear those enemy terminators (and or other powerful-heavily-armoured-no-invulnerable-save-expensive type guys) anymore
So he's totally worth it, that is if you don't mind having an elites choice slot taken up.

Personally though, I never leave home without him.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
In general I found him to be a very useful one hit wonder. Send him in wipe out one unit and then he gets killed the next turn, but overall he usually is quite useful for either wiping out a unit holding an objective or stopping one of your enemies heavy hitters.

·
Registered
526 Posts
He is awsome.

I hate him.

Best 60 pts in the guard army!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Because this guy has high Initiative, attacks, WS and 2+ poison he could kill a Wraithlord and still be standing. This is how good he is. :)

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Well the Wraithlord would have to be REALLY bad at rolling saves then really bad at hitting/wounding Marbo.

He's just enough of a threat after throwing his briefcase full o' PAIN to require something to kill him. That's what I like about him.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Pshh... all you need to do is sneeze at him and he's dead though. Not nearly as survivable as he who shall not be debated over.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
What's killer is that Marbo's Demo Charge effects units inside vehicles. *Joke*

Seriously though, the best part about this guy is the all the "He's behind you" jokes and suspense you can through out there. Other than mind**** tactics and a death satchel he's just about the easiest KP ever.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The best game ever would revolve around marbo and the deathleaper trying to see who could kill the other first xD
(might need to give marbo the ability to go back into reserves though... =P)

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
The best game ever would revolve around marbo and the deathleaper trying to see who could kill the other first xD
(might need to give marbo the ability to go back into reserves though... =P)
That would be epic.

My Leapers is by your guy.

Is he now? Well Marbo is behind him.

BOOM

Ah, damnit. Dutch kills the Predator... Again!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts