Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've just finished painting up my second Exorcist ready to play it tomorrow.

In previous games where I've fielded one a favoured tactic of the opposition has been to deep-strike some anti armour (assault marines w/ meltabombs, termicide squad etc) next to it.

With two Exorcists, the temptation will be even greater.

I'm planning on deploying both Exorcists near to one another and parking a squad of six Celestians to guard them. The Celestians will have a Flamer, Combi-Flamer and Heavy Flamer. Deep-strikers are bunched up when they arrive and that many flamers should do the job, no? The Celestians can also grant the tanks a cover save.

However, the squad is 116 points, so I'm not sure if it's worthwhile...

The alternative is to deploy the Exorcists apart and hope the bad guys can't take both down.

Thoughts? 116 points of Celestians to guard 282 points of Exorcists? It's a big investment at 2'000 points.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The celestians are almost as expensive as another exorcist, so you might just consider getting another exorcist so you can afford to lose one.

However, it's not like you can't advance the celestians at your foe if he turns out not to have deepstrikers, it's just that they'll have a harder time using their flamers. Why not buy them a rhino and then you can use the rhino to protect one side of the exorcists when necessary and otherwise drive the celestians around? Then you're not really losing much. A greater investment in protection, but they only need to hang around until deepstrikers come down and then the rhino allows for rapid redeployment.

Also, if your foe deepstrikes a dreadnought, your flamer squad won't be all that helpful. Just something to consider.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts