Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got hold of 2 Eldar battle forces and was wondering if it was worth making one of the guardian squads a storm guardian squad.
This is an expansion to my rather large eldar army so I'm not trying to make a playable force from the 2 box sets.
I was planning on using the spare power weapons and pistols from all my left over Dire Avenger parts.
I have never seen the point of guardians but now I have them I want to give them a try.

so, Gardians or Storm Guardians?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Storm Guardians with a Warlock with enhance can actually make them not useless. Regular guardians are home objective holders at best... where you can stick storm guardians in a wave serpent and you actually have a cheap CC squad to take out the weaker troops from the other team. Throw in 2 flamers and you'd be good to go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Guardians are useless in a sense, but i have used them effectively once or twice when your opponent does understand that they are useless, they do provide good flanking troops for that extra little firepower needed. The only reason i used them was becausei was just starting eldar and i had no other troops to spend points on :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think storm guardians are an overlooked squad. With a warlock they can be very effective. If you are going agianst a high INT army you can use enhance to get the jump on a sqaud in CC. Mech list you can put two melta guns in the squad and give your warlock destructor...this allows you to pop transports and thin units out before the assault. I think that the storm guardians are not for everyone...but if used correclty can be very very effective.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like storm guardians it is then. Thanks for all the advice. I shall now procede to hunt down two eldar hand flamers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts