Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Guard 3k

834 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ntaw 
Oooh nice list! I particularly like the 6 tanks aspect!

At 3000 points you may feel a bit of hurt thanks to some of the super powerful options at that level (lords of war, other codex HQ Bombs etc) but you should overall have some good stuff going with that.

I presume you put the Special Weapon Teams in the Vendettas to get them behind enemy lines? I find the Vendetta works much better if you ignore the transport capacity and let it focus on being a gunship, but I can see how it would be nice to have the versatility - particularly against orks!

I also presume you play on really terrain dense tables because otherwise I'd really recommend finding 50 points for an aegis line - to put in front of your combined squad who is also bubble wrapping your artillery or tanks!

Based on your advice to me, it sounds like you prefer to keep your melta vets embarked on their shaggin' wagons. As the chimera only has two fire points, potentially you can make up points by dropping one of those three melta. Alternatively, have you considered switching to Taurox (for the same points saving) and then being able to fire all the melta?

Also, the ordinance rule making heavy bolter sponsons on leman russ into ablative guns to save the turret is somewhat annoying and I more and more often tend to spend the points elsewhere. Maybe with your last battle tank you can put him at the back of the squadron, leave off the sponsons and put the points into a survivability upgrade!

Definitely keen to see some battle reports with what you have listed, keep up the good work!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.