Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Interesting!

New to me was that the 'bonus pts' for margin of victory are to determine between to different 'equal' Generalship pts rather than just added to the overall score.

Once again the Tyranid mention of Personalised Hive Fleets, mutable and genofixed species has been copy and pasted- yet hasn't existed since the previous Codex some years back.

Finally, confusion on the Special Characters mention:
"Special characters from army books may only be used provided they feature in the character entries of the core army list"

Bold mine. I'm looking at Farsight armies with this one- he isn't in the core army list, under characters.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Interesting. That would indicate to me no Farsight either.

That said, I PMd Brian to ask if Special Characters would be allowed in reference to Farsight and he said yes.

I'll ask him again to clarify.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Aye, I figured the specific 'listed in core army list' restricted it to DA, Eldar and BA at the moment who's SC's are in the HQ of the core army list.

Anyway, the other weak thing at the GT last year was a BA player taking Inquisition allies despite it supposed to be 'options only from the army Codex'.
Frankly, it allowed hard-core armies like BA to cherry-pick the best bits from Inquisition books, meaning the very few competitive incentives for a GK/ Inquisition/ Sisters army were stolen.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was hoping against hope that there would be some indication about the CSM codex - the only indication i see is the blurb about using a new codex thats been out a month before the event. So Codex:CSM < September 14th please!! Would be a bit of intrigue rather than as to how many obliterators you have.

Special characters sounds a bit dodgy. Be interesting to see if they are just allowable if in the army list, just like the most recent three codices, and not allowing the less recent ones. At least i know there'd be more eldrad's than anything else. No Tiggy at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.