Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says what were your worst bits for the GT. Games, opp's, systems, food Absolutely anything

·
Registered
966 Posts
3 Finals ago losing my temper for the first and only time ever in a game with the most pedantic, cheating f**king c**t of a player i have ever met. I totally lost my rag, shouted a ton of expletives at him (right infront of Pete Haines - go me) and was promplty dragged into Bugmans by Nick Lagric/Merlin for a pint and a few minutes to calm down (he was utterly shocked by how out of character it was for me along with everyone else who knew me and heard) not a good game. Came back gave him a win, went off with pint and watched friends games instead.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Do you? could have fooled me.
Well indeed. My mediocre bike army manage to qualify on a 3/2/1 in 37th place*. That being said I think with the reduced qualification through gaming the temptation for players that may not be so confident in their ability or as blasé about qualifying as I was will be to take the Iron Warrior army of the moment. Currently that would be the holo-spam Eldar.

* Technically 38th if they had got Spikydavids results right!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Well indeed. My mediocre bike army manage to qualify on a 3/2/1 in 37th place*. That being said I think with the reduced qualification through gaming the temptation for players that may not be so confident in their ability or as blasé about qualifying as I was will be to take the Iron Warrior army of the moment. Currently that would be the holo-spam Eldar.

Exactly. I got a ton of crap on various foums for my nids (basically not been fully nidzilla) and stil managed a very nice 7th.

Darkangeldentist came what 5th with his ravenwing.

Dark Angels came 2nd at heat 3.

All Grey Knights 28th at Heat 2.

etc etc etc etc

Personally i love the fact that so many ppl are so unoriginal in their army selection as it makes my job of planning what to take to beat what so much easier. Less things to deal with = less need to "spread" your army choices too thinly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Personally i love the fact that so many ppl are so unoriginal in their army selection as it makes my job of planning what to take to beat what so much easier. Less things to deal etc etc etc
with = less need to "spread" your army choices too thinly.
As I see it armies come in one of four flavors.

The currently perceived Power Army/Net List.
The list to beat the Net List.
The latest release list, generally untested BUT has the advantage that not too many people have played against it.
The 'I play this list no matter what' and hope people are not configured to beat it.

This year Taudar are the Power list. (More Eldar than Tau imho)
Necrons are the anti Taudar list.
Orks (and Chaos to a much lesser extent) will be new boyz on da block.
The quirky stuff is just that - with Witch hunters being surprisingly strong.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
For me it was the bit of Jervis Johnson's seminar where he told us that Lash really does all the worst things people thought it might do, and that this is intended and won't change.

That and my luck on day two, or lack thereof, causing me to not qualify.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the mention Skcuzzlebumm, though you've bumped me up a place (very nice of you). I agree, beardy lists aren't neccessary to qualify.

My worst moment was watching the poor guy at heat 1 who suffered the seizure. Was very glad to hear he was ok. Sickening moment as he fell when he clunked his head on a table.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My worst bit was probably my falcon getting immobilised by a wolf scout melta gun using death or glory. It almost undoubtedly lost me the game. However, I have to admit it was rather comical lol.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well indeed. My mediocre bike army manage to qualify on a 3/2/1 in 37th place*.

lol, that means i finished 40th!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
195 Posts
not hitting a single railgun shot in my second game. and playing AWFULLY in my first two games against TAU! of all the armies you'd think i'd know how to beat it'd be mine. sucks. and not qualifying ofc.

·
Registered
195 Posts
What did you have in your tau army jase?

2 fire knife BS5 el's

3 x 2 fire knife crisis teams, BS 3's and 4's

6 fire warriors

2x 10 kroot

piranha at bs 4

2 hammerhead's with gubbins.

2 broadsides with 2 shield drones.

5 gun drones (which incidentally could teach the imperiums finest drop troops a thing or two, never scattered once)

typical tau army, not much utility, but i knew how to use it. i'd practiced against every typical style gt army and got it down to a tea. ONLY PROBLEM BEING i seem to be the only competitive tau player in the area, so i had NO practice against them. i kinda went in thinking "well if i know how to play them then i should know how to beat em"

the idea was i take a shit army like this to heats, hopefully qualify and then take a fun army to final. ah well. i had fun anyway

RULE THE CHICKEN HELM!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.