Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking back at the GT Heats and Final experiences and your various performances, matchups etc would you have changed anything given the chance?
Also what sort of changes would you consider now that the scoring will be going back to the old school 20-0?
Or maybe your considering a different army altogether? :p
On a personal level I was fairly Impressed with my BA list, I think a few bad moves against Dakari-Dans pods and a bad matchup against Anathema cost me, but on the whole I think It worked well and will probably end up at Heat 1 In October with a similar If not Identicle list.
Current BA GT list:

Reclusiarch Chaplain: JP, Frags, BP (D3+3 DC) 217pts
Epistolary Librarian: Bike, Frags, BP, Fury 150pts

6 x Tac Marines: Las/Plas Vet Sgt 130pts
5 x Scouts: Missile Launcher, Vet Sgt 88pts

1 x Tornado Ass-cannon / HB 80pts

Predator Annihilator: HB's, EA, Smoke 138pts
Predator Annihilator: HB's, EA, Smoke, Searchlight 139pts

·
Registered
954 Posts
I think alot of armies will go back to hitting power instead of survivability.

However i think it might also stop pop up armies, and armies that will kill a few things and then hide for the rest of the game.

MarzM :mrgreen:

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
If i were to take Blood Angels again i'd definately take the Lascannon preds. My idleness cost me a major arse ache over the 6 games.

In hindsight I think dropping the assault squad for 2 extra tornadoes (or multimelta speeders) and a boost on the scouts would of been more effective.
3 out of the 6 tables I played on had the crappy swamps placed dead centre - not good.

Reclusiarch Chaplain: JP, Frags, BP (D3+3 DC) 217pts

5 x Tac Marines: Las, Vet Sgt 105 pts
5 x Tac Marines: Las, Vet Sgt 105 pts
5 Scouts: ML, Vet Sgt 88 pts
5 Scouts: ML, Vet Sgt 88 pts

2 Tornadoes 160
2 Tornadoes 160
2 Tornadoes 160

Bit of a cut'n'paster but I think it would of faired better.

I'm actually warming to a bit of Guard though. I'll knock the list up shortly.

·
Registered
954 Posts
*Alert*Alert*Danger Will Robinson*Danger Will Robinson*Alert*Alert*

Ok so in my local area, im the guy that everybody comes to just before a tournament just to make sure that the army list that they are using is legal.

If Jezlad, you were to use this army list your testies would be cut off and used as a hand bag im afraid!

BA can only have 0-1 marine scout squad! so only one unit of scout can have a Missile Launcher!

MarzM

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm going to keep my tau as they are. They were good enough to do the job in the heats, but were found lacking in the final. I know some people here did very well with their lists, but I feel that to win means selling your soul (a bit ;) ).

Might take a fluffy bunny list to the final (pending qualification) such as my forthcoming Dæmonhunters, lead by radical Inquisitor Konstantin Vladimirovich Blingkovski (Don't ask guys it seems to be an infectious Flame On virus.) :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
You guys think that we'll see a lot of Iron Warriors and Chaos spam in the next Heats !!! With my Mech Eldar I'm not that worried but I'm really really bored to play against the same army lists !!!

A small rumour came to my ears that after the new dex is redone, Oblits are going to be more expensive to include in an IW army...but just rumours !

·
Registered
333 Posts
lead by radical Inquisitor Konstantin Vladimirovich Blingkovski (Don't ask guys it seems to be an infectious Flame On virus.) Laughing

It don't mean a thing, if you ain't got that Bling!

·
Registered
76 Posts
anathema said:
lead by radical Inquisitor Konstantin Vladimirovich Blingkovski (Don't ask guys it seems to be an infectious Flame On virus.) Laughing

It don't mean a thing, if you ain't got that Bling!
Nobody expects the Flame on Inquisition! :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey we wear red too!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I did unexpectedly well at Heat 1 with Marines.

Master- Bolt pistol, power sword, combat shield, frags. Infiltrate.
-Command- 8x 5xBp, ccw. 2xMeltagun. Sgt- Fist. Infiltrate.

Dreadnought- Ass cannon, fist, extra armour.
-Drop Pod

Tactical 1- 8x 2xPlasma. Sgt- Fist. Infiltrate.
Tactical 2- Same.
Tactical 3- 6x las/plas.
Tactical 4- Same.

Tornado
Tornado

Predator- Twin las, 2xheavy bolter, smoke.
Predator- Same.

Traits- See but don't be Seen, Cleanse & Purify, Aspire to Glory.

At the Final I took Mech Sisters, I knew I was in for a very tough time- but I expected at least 1 maybe 2 wins. Luck was not on my side.

I'll probably bring Marines to the Heats again, and as amazingly fun as the Final was- losing every game kind of blew hard. So probably Marines again- screw originality.

I'm going to keep my tau as they are. They were good enough to do the job in the heats, but were found lacking in the final. I know some people here did very well with their lists, but I feel that to win means selling your soul (a bit ).

Might take a fluffy bunny list to the final
That was my stance. But it does start to grate when your losing games you know your better lists would win.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well the list i used for both the heats and the final will be staying the same for next year.

It's the most balanced a tau list can be IMO and i've been using it since the new codex came out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.