Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering It's now less than a month away I Just thought I'd start up a little thread to see how everyones preparation Is coming along, so.....

1) Decided on what list to take, happy with your playtesting?
2) All painted and ready to go?
3) Whereabouts are you staying In Notts?
4) Any plans for a Friday/Saturday night meet up?
5) General expectations for the weekend?

As far as my list go's I'm pretty much decided on the following:

Angels Wing

Reclusiarch Chaplain: JP, Frags, BP (D3+3 DC) 217pts
Epistolary Librarian: Bike, Frags, BP, Fury 150pts

6 x Tac Marines: Las/Plas Vet Sgt 130pts
5 x Scouts: Missile Launcher, Vet Sgt 88pts

1 x Tornado Ass-cannon / HB 80pts

Predator Annihilator: HB's, EA, Smoke 138pts
Predator Annihilator: HB's, EA, Smoke 138pts
Predator Annihilator: HB's, EA, Smoke, Searchlight 139pts

1500pts

Bar a slight blip against Jeridians sisters :wink: playtesting has gone well (so far!). Going to be playing against Gaz from FLAME ON! tomorrow night with his Eldrad/Harlequin/Vibro/WL based list, should hopefully give me some valuable Insight to the new Eldar codex and It's hidden tricks.
As far as painting Is concerced still have a speeder, scout missile and two pred turrets to paint, should hopefully be done by the weekend giving me time to touch up and highlght the rest of the army.
Supposed to be staying at the Infamous whorehouse (Benticks) although that has yet to be booked/confirmed! :shock:
I'm probably going to book the Friday of and head down early for a few practice games and a few beers at WW If anyone else has the same Idea?
As It stands Friday usually Includes last minute painting, gaming and beerage with the Saturday usually Including the quiz and boat race!
Expecations? Probably getting slapped around for 6 games against IW's :cry: , and for FLAME ON! to redeem themselves at the boat race! :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
LongBeard said:
1: Tau, same as the heats. Just practicing to get in tournament shape.
2: It's the same army, so yes, it's fine.
3: Premier Travel Inn, Castle Marina.
4: Travelling up Saturday morning, so it'll be Saturday night Bugman's antics, then bed. Probably team up with Flame on! for an assault on the Beer stocks.
5: Play games, have fun. As I came 24th in my heat, I'm aiming for a top 75 placing, but failing that not losing all my games.

See you all there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
LongBeard said:
1-LotD first company
2- hell no. guna be close to tell the truth
3- same hotel as you. bentinck ftw!
4- flame on!
5- get my arse handed to me unless fear of the dark keeps on doing its thang in my games.

·
Registered
137 Posts
LongBeard said:
1) well i'm taking tau...its done ok bar a game of 1s against sisters - hmm.
2) Ha you gotta be kidding me!! Still got most of it to do.
3) Bentnicks FTW!!
4) I figure we're loud enough anyway....
5) Well one win would be nice but probably just completely hammered in Bugmans and Rock City as always :lol:

Personally i think i'll finish below Si as always, have horrible luck and most importantly, enjoy myself.

·
Registered
966 Posts
LongBeard said:
1) Taking my all(ish) termi deathwatch themed army. Played first game today, rended a sum total of 5 things and didn't pass a single inv save!! Think its suffering from shiny new toy syndrome. Need to play out the bad luck before the GT.
2) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
3) The Flame On Hotel aka The Bentick (next to the gresham and the station).
4) Gonna head down friday earlyish, no doubt end up painting in bugmans to finish the army. Maybe get a game in. Then head to Dragon City (i presume we are all going there as usaul) for chinese buffet and hot birds.
5) Get unfeesibly drunk.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
ive semi painted a necron army
Ive semi painted a chaos army
ive semi painted a tyranids army
and ive semi painted an eldar army

Of course i could use the spacewolves that i qualified with and not change a thing :). Then i'd need to help jez make Stumpy the drop pod as he was going to use dumpy.

·
Registered
333 Posts
1. Got the list together, it seems to be doing OK. Even managed to beat IW at Omega, then predictably got trounced in Gamma.
2. Hell no. Still got a helluva lot to do, I'm a lazy painter and I'm away or doing DIY for the next 2 weekends. Need to paint a Serpent and a prism, and convert and paint a jetbike Autarch and 6 Harlequins.
3. Bentinck again.
4. Getting down late again Friday night before beering it up. Saturday Bugmans for the beer!
5. More beer and less caring during the games than the heats. Hopefully that equals more fun and larks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
LongBeard said:
1) I decided to take Tau, playtesting is going well so far, I'm trying to cram in as many games as possible before the final.
2) While I have not finished painting the army yet, I am making good progress so I should easily have it finished before the final.
3) Premier Travel Inn, Castle Marina.
4) I am travelling down Saturday morning, so I hope to meet up with all the flame on lads on Saturday.
5) My main aim is to have a great weekend and meet up with some friends; a respectable placing would be nice though.

I am really looking forward to the final; it should be a great weekend. Good luck to everyone who is going. :D

·
Registered
318 Posts
1) Sisters of Battle, playtesting was going well until the 'never played it before' wore off and my opponents are now kicking my arse as expected.

2) Hell no, usually my GT army is painted years in advance (i.e. it's my old reliable SM list I've had painted for 7 years), but for my first Final I decided on a new army (literally started buying and painting it). So with my painting speed it should be ready by next year...

3) Bentincks

4) I think I've got a game against pacmanswang on Saturday night, pity Beast isn't there on the Friday to not bring is army to Warhammer World and sulk because he thought we were just going to Bugman's for a drink.
"Your playing 40k?" Err, yeah John, it is Warhammer World- :oops:

5) Expecting the wooden spoon. With no need to get the top 50 for qualification I should be able to not bust my balls over every game, hopefully after the first few losses I'll find like-minded opponents.
Oh and get a higher place than Chris of course- can't break that tradition. Despite it being blatantly clear he is the better player, with the better lists- :lol: .
I also expect Derek to be an amarous drunk (from reputation), some Flame On'ers to be cautioned for peeing on the Space Marine (from past experience), Chris to finish his pint from Heat 1, Bob to overdose on Skittles, someone to tell me to 'cheer up, you miserable bastard' when I'm on a sugar low, etc- good times.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I also expect Derek to be an amarous drunk (from reputation),
Hehe, [scots]"Let me in, I want to shag you!"[/scots].
I'm thinking of bringing a bottle of that whisky again, as it seemed to go down well last time. :lol:

·
Registered
74 Posts
The latest GT FAQ is out today, with updates covering:
Eldar
Escalation
Jetbikes
Possibly some other stuff.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It was in my email inbox and the website version hasn't been updated yet. :|

PM me your email addy and I'll send it to you. (Doh! Don't bother, I used your profile.)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Got the FAQ, though i know have my own specific question regards to Fury and Auspex's - will just ask Brian when i no doubt see him in bugmans tomorrow.

To all the HO's going and not part of Flame On (or wassitcalled steele) your more than welcome to come find me, Longbeard, Phropaniti and Ananthema in bugmans all through friday - just look for the read shirts guys.

See you al there, good luck as ever. I'm off to start the final leg of my painting: last squad of termies half done and then the dread!

"Dududud Duuuu Dududud Dud Duuuu ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!"

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well, my t-shirt is black, but it does have 'Prophaniti' across the back. I'll most likely be near the red t-shirts anyway. :lol:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Skcuzzlebumm said:
To all the HO's going and not part of Flame On (or wassitcalled steele) your more than welcome to come find me, Longbeard, Phropaniti and Ananthema in bugmans all through friday - just look for the read shirts guys.
Speak for yourself, myself and Longbeard are in the late car and won't be getting down until about 8!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Could someone PM the faq to me?
Got a feeling It got e-mailed to my old work based Inbox.
See you all Fri/Sat! :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.