Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Salutations! I am having some issues with a good starting point for a league. I have chosen to field Eldar and the starting points for the league are 500 points. When it comes to models, I do have quite a bit. I have 4 wave serpents, 3 war walkers, 3 five man squads of dire avengers that have been magnetized with the storm guardian upgrade kit, 2 farseers, 1 autarch. With my time being the first Sunday of the next month, I should be able to paint my models and go from there. I am grateful for any help that can be provided and if I am suggested to gather different models, I will try to see to it.

Now that the starting introduction with my models has been set aside, my opponents have been decidedly slow at filling me in as to what they will be fielding. So far, I know of Harlequins and Tyranids. There is also a notion towards Tau as well. The players themselves tend to play towards a more competitive side of the game. I am new towards the game personally and I am still trying to learn. With that, I say thanks to all for any future help.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Hi :)

With what you've listed, I'd go for either of the following at 500pts

Farseer
6 Dire Avengers
7 Dire Avengers
2 Wave Serpents

Or

Farseer
3 x 5 Dire Avengers
3 x War Walker

Are you looking to build your army around one of the craftworld themes?

If you're looking to expand and you're going play in a competitive environment then Warp Spiders or Scatter laser jetbikes would be good. Fire Dragons in a wave serpent are also good.

But nearly all of the units in the codex can be useful. Personally, I've just bought whatever I liked the look of and made it work.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Hi :)

With what you've listed, I'd go for either of the following at 500pts

Farseer
6 Dire Avengers
7 Dire Avengers
2 Wave Serpents

Or

Farseer
3 x 5 Dire Avengers
3 x War Walker

Are you looking to build your army around one of the craftworld themes?

If you're looking to expand and you're going play in a competitive environment then Warp Spiders or Scatter laser jetbikes would be good. Fire Dragons in a wave serpent are also good.

But nearly all of the units in the codex can be useful. Personally, I've just bought whatever I liked the look of and made it work.
Gret gives good advices.
i personally like the second list a lot.
About expanding the list, with Eldar, you can't really get wrong. i suggest some scatterbikes with seer, some warpspiders and fire dragons in serpent. Then maybe some hawks, they are fun (to play, not to face :grin2: )
Eldar are the best codex, imo, at the moment. Hard hitting, not overcosted, very forgiving even to newbies.
Take whatever unit you like (of course, also use logic...) and kick asses!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Salutations all! To answer Gret79, I don't mind trying a Craftworld theme. I just don't know which to chose. The list themselves seems to be very simple to use. I will try to put in some games in the near future and let you all know how they work for me. I have been looking at the jet bikes for some time, it does seem like a good investment to me. The rest of what you have suggested will have to come later. To answer Neferhet, I will be looking into the hawks. They look like a lot of fun, but I don't know if I can remember all of the rules for them. It will take some time for me to understand them. Once I get more information about who will be joining in on the league, I will try to elaborate further. Once again, thank you all for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts