Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Grot battle tanks conversion

9K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  mrknify 
#1 ·
Hello all. I've bee working on these for a while, only reciently picked them back up and started to really work on them. I will be going back and forth with a few of my projects.

Here are the pictures .

The one big shootas is a bit too big for a grot tank, but the mini 50 cal is perfect size and I have 3 more in the works.

One tank requires a base coat and 2 require rust coats. Then it will be ready for salt and hairspray then the main colour.

Each tank will have a different main colour, this will give them an independent look. After the main colour is done I will be setting up the colour to unify them and bring them back into looking like a unit.

See less See more
#3 ·
Building a "grot" army. I have about 100 gnoblers to convert. 2 buggies to finish, and a battlewagon. I have the forgeworld deff mob list, but looks like using the new ork codex will be better... until they update it.

I also want to get a morkanaut and convert it to a mega dread.

#8 · (Edited)

Building kustom exhaust, the forge world ones are nice, but just dont quite match the look I want.

So if you have a big mek you can field these as an elite spot. And if you have these you can field a grot mega tank as a fast slot.

I'm thinking grots, buggies and tanks oh my.

Going to buy a gasket punch set, this will make making tracks easier.

#15 ·
Nice work on the tanks so far, looking forward to your next update!

#19 ·
Those are looking great (if very brown)! These are pretty damn impressive mate, great work. What is your plan for the painting of them?

#26 ·
Good grief man, having you been drinking @Blackadder's martini recipe? Good work with that scratch build so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.