Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I've bee working on these for a while, only reciently picked them back up and started to really work on them. I will be going back and forth with a few of my projects.

Here are the pictures .

The one big shootas is a bit too big for a grot tank, but the mini 50 cal is perfect size and I have 3 more in the works.

One tank requires a base coat and 2 require rust coats. Then it will be ready for salt and hairspray then the main colour.

Each tank will have a different main colour, this will give them an independent look. After the main colour is done I will be setting up the colour to unify them and bring them back into looking like a unit.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Building a "grot" army. I have about 100 gnoblers to convert. 2 buggies to finish, and a battlewagon. I have the forgeworld deff mob list, but looks like using the new ork codex will be better... until they update it.

I also want to get a morkanaut and convert it to a mega dread.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Ring Master, that's a great idea! My original plan was just to use grot mobs. With the greenskin detachment rules I could use hammer of wrath with them for hilarity.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Two of the turrets are pinned and magnetized now, the hatches open and close.
Get the other turrets done, then just waiting for more magnets to do the guns and grots.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

Building kustom exhaust, the forge world ones are nice, but just dont quite match the look I want.

So if you have a big mek you can field these as an elite spot. And if you have these you can field a grot mega tank as a fast slot.

I'm thinking grots, buggies and tanks oh my.

Going to buy a gasket punch set, this will make making tracks easier.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
these are really nicely done. I can not wait to see more of the grot army.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Been awhile, my course was very busy. Moving in the next month and I will be working on the tanks!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I missed a turret... will magnetize that one later.

Next up magnetize the guns, wish you could put kannons on them ;)
I have 4 nice round bases for them to do also, mmm mud anyone.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Those are looking great (if very brown)! These are pretty damn impressive mate, great work. What is your plan for the painting of them?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The brown us the base / rust coat. When done I will fix any paint gaps, re rust them, then paint them ork like. They will be weathered(my favorite part) I have some nice round wood bases for them to base and mud.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts