Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Cheers man! Aye, it's vajello flat brown with increasing GW flame orange for the rust, then the browner and blacker dirt is vajello brown and black shade. :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
As with all miniatures, if I become frustrated with poor casting or anything like that I tend to do a johnny half-arsed job on it. So, without further ado, the rush job on Njal.

A nice miniature let down by my early finecast edition of him, hence the dodgy casting of the pelt on his staff (superglued back on when the midgies dick of plastic/resin (Plesin?) snapped.), some half runestones, a string of loops on his shin and some very dodgy facial casting... maybe that was the facial... who knows. Anyhow,here he is:

I didn't go OTT on weathering, damage or anything really, I was more irritated that his face was a craggy mess, so just blitzed him and moved onto my killteam.

Next up is the finished... almost... halff-trakk, left to do is some sooting up of the ork on the big shoota and eventually (when I find them post house move) the two grots who're trying to turn the gun itself:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
It's been a while, and there's a fair whack of painting I've got to post up. Had a fairly busy summer working on the house, working and studying, and thankfully the weather is going bad so I can no longer do much brick work, etc. So it's back to the brushes!

This summer I played my first few games of Mantic's Dreadball, which I have to say, is fucking spectacular. Really fast, really fun. Because it's such a blast, it's become the first boxed game I've completely painted since second edition Blood Bowl, and is catching up to Blood Bowl in terms of how much I love it (possibly a Dreadball ball tattoo (of the ball, not on my balls...) in the future...).

Anyhow, the Corporation team, the Baracas Braziers. Need to add a few details, team logo and numbers, but they're good enough for a team I'm not going to be using too often:

Next up, the team I will be using, the New Orx Brainers. I originally wanted to paint them the same colours as the Anaheim Ducks black and gold kit, sadly my mate has a team in black and gold (an NFL team of some sort?) so I went for the second favorite, the New York Rangers. Turned out pretty nice, and is the most colourful team I've painted. The captain, one of the guards is named Waaaaghlahan.

Finally, the refbot and a pair of balls. Not a lot to say about these really. Except for 'The ref needs glasses'.

Got an almost finished robot team too, and a few chaos and sedition wars minis on the go. Loving the painting after so long not doing it!! :)

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Nice work on those minis, I haven't really payed much attention to Dreadball but those are really nice sculpts. I never played Bloodbowl as it was a bit before my time. Hmmm a system you would recommend then?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Aye, it plays really fast, with a game you can probably get down to about 45 minutes or so. I love Blood Bowl to bits, but it can drag on a little sometimes. Rather than setting up between goals, the ball gets launched onto the pitch as soon as there's a goal so the game doesn't stop until you're out of turns. Fast and furious.

The figures have a bit of flash on them, but it's easy enough to trim it off with a decent knife. Defo worth a look though. If you see anyone playing it or know anyone who's got it I'd defo give it a shot. Wouldn't want to say buy it in case you didn't! Hah! :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
A few more bits I've been working on here. Red Corsairs Dark Apostle. Mega figure, painted the armour originally with yellowish runes in it, but it just looked fecking awful, so just made them darker than the red of the armour.

Getting there slowly but surely. Next there's some minis from the Studio McVey game Sedition wars. Got heaps of these from the kickstarter so there'll be loads in the near future. These are the first four I've properly finished:

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
This is a very mixed bag of stuff, really enjoyed reading through the log.

Would still like to pick up a copy of Dreadball at some point - you've done a great job on the models. Those sedition wars minis look insanely good too :victory:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Cheers Varakir! Much appreciated! :)

Next up we have one of the best plazzy kits IMO. I painted this chap over the weekend while watching Luther and two series of Psychoville. Going to try and get into the habit of taking more pics and putting a pit more info in on how I've done stuff like I did with my ork plog before I combined the two. Anyhow, here he is, the big red bastard.

He's for use with my Red Corsairs, and so, I wanted him looking a bit different, and a red demon with red armour would be altogether too red. So I did him in the colours of the Astral Claws (the corsairs before they went rogue... or before they went chaosy is probably better).

The light I take my pics in is clearly balls as the red isn't as flat as it looks, although it is very smooth.. ish... :wink:

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
The red does look good mate, personally I can't stand the mini it's just too WFB for me. That's a really good idea going more with the Astral Claws route for the contrast. The flame effect on the shoulder pad is a nice touch.

One question, where did you get the bases in the previous post from?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
The red does look good mate, personally I can't stand the mini it's just too WFB for me. That's a really good idea going more with the Astral Claws route for the contrast. The flame effect on the shoulder pad is a nice touch.

One question, where did you get the bases in the previous post from?
Cheers pal! Sorry for the massively delayed response! The bases are the standard ones from the Sedition Wars minis themselves http://studiomcvey.highwire.com/product/swb1001-vanguard-bases but can be bought seperately here. They're a mad plastic resin type effort, but they're detailed and look sweet! :) They have a few other types there too, certainly fit for 40k/necromunda style gaming! :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
For a bit of a change (mind like the wind...) I've sloped over for some Scythes of the Emperor marines. I wanted a chapter who had taken a complete shoeing because I didn't want to pick up tanks or dreadnoughts and such, so mainly footsloggers and scouts. Taking part in a small tourney (first ever, and just a jolly, not a serious one) in a couple of months, so aiming for a 1000 point army.

Going fluffy with the nids taking out all their heavy gear, I've thought about it in a 'what would have been easy to get away - so will have land speeders and bikes, tac marines, hq and scouts, so without further ado, Landspeeder Storm:

And my standard:

With most of their stuff being trashed I'm aiming to get some bionics on the go, and a big variety in the power armour they've managed to scav since Sotha got hosed. The first of a few!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Love that banner mate! Looks absolutely top notch, I really envy your ability to paint free hand.
Cheers man! It's the one think I seem to have a knack for. Will post up the Helbrecht one I'm doing for r kid, time will tell if I can manage it! Haha :)

141 - 153 of 153 Posts