Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
The boarding marine looks great. I have one here that the Reverend was good enough to pick up for me, but I haven't had the balls to get started on him. I can't even decide whether to use a SW head or just go with the helmet.
Cheers Khorne! He's a great mini I've had since the FW open day they released him, and I've done the same, never wanting to paint him as it's a limited mini and I didn't know if I could do him justice. I finally bit the bullet and it's really nice to paint, crisp details and whatnot. I reckon you should give him a go! :) If you pin them you can paint both the head and the helmet (sounds outrageously cock-like...) and see which looks best in place without gluing it.

I'm pleased with the combi, went with the old style type off an old inquisitor terminator (long haired bearded chap with a bionic leg, had what looked like a bolt pistol with something atop it. Always liked the style of them on top. :)

First up, finished the Sergeant for my 5 man painted up group. At the mo his teeth look a little like some 'celebrities' you see who've whitened their teeth to the point of looking unnatural, so going to give them a wash to tone down the brightness a bit. Pretty happy with the way he turned out though. Damage to his face caused by Cillit Bang, painted to look like he's been cooked a bit (I hope! haha!):

The boarding marine is coming along, I've started on the battle damage on him, focussing it almost entirely on the side facing above and below the shield. Happy so far, will be giving him some black and brown shade dirt and blast marks once I've finished off his basic paint job. So far so good!:

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
The boarding marine is looking ace man! The battle damage is really nicely done.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Cheers Midge! Much appreciated! :) I'm not sure whether to add a bit more to the other side of him or whether to just leave it as is. Any suggestions?

Well, to take a break from the Wolves, I picked up where I left off with the Dark Angels objective I'd started for my mate a while back. Undercoated them thursday and then started on the actual painting last night. Spent about six hours in front of the TV painting them and quite happy with the results so far.

The Chaplain has only had a couple of his base colours on, and I'm debating his face. I reckon I can shade and highlight my dodgy skull greenstuffing so that it looks better than it actually does, but time will tell.

Any suggestions for any of it? I'm asking my mate who totally adores the DA, but always happy to get ideas from everyone. Any DA players want to input anything? :)

Cheers!

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
I would leave it as is mate. The objective is also shaping up nicely.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Consider it left! Cheers Midge! :)

Well I got my airbrush back off my brother on Tuesday so set about base coating the remainig terminators from the last ed of space hulk, and I'm now working through adding the first layer of highlights. They were done with a layer of mechrite red, then mechrite red/vajello flat red (about 50:50), a wash of leviathan purple and then the last layer has been just pure flat red.

So far so good, but plenty of details on there! Aiming to finish the whole box by the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Another Space Hulk update!

Having owned it since it's been out, I've decided to try and paint all the remaining things before the end of Feb. No small feat considering how often I have time for painting, but what the hell!

This time I've been working on the dead terminator objective, so far so good:

One of my pals has tipped me off to put another glimmer of light on the bum left of the gems, and Djinn has told me that I need to use more than just the citadel basecoat brush when painting. :wink:

All good though, I've promised him I'll use a decent brush on the next mini! :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Well the objective and tester for painting the BA termies is finished, and I'm pretty happy with him. The pic isn't too good as you can't see the highlights under the damage on this pic, but they show up on the one previous so all's good!

Well these are the next lot I'm painting up as a group so far. The light on the Librarian's loin cloth is reflecting off the wet Brown Shade which is still drying.
The coulours for the Terminators is the same as the objective, Mechrite Red, then 50/50 Mechright Red and Vajello Flat Red, then Flat Red, then Flat Red and Flame Orange.

The initial battle damage is done in the traditional way:

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
After a busy few months I've managed to get on to post up a few pics. Need to take a few of the Space Hulk terminators, I only have 3 left to paint... maybe four, but the rest are sorted. I've picked up more stuff for my wolves, not a lot, a kill team, another pack of long fangs and still have the characters and a squad of grey hunters to finish too...

The raptors have always been the reason I didn't get a Chaos force, I really wasn't keen on the look of them (I'm all about the asthetics, none of this tactical stuff :wink:), so with the new look raptors it's game on, and I've picked up about 1200 points worth of filthy heretics. Space Marines = win, pirates = win, space marine pirates? double win. So I went for the Red Corsairs, and also because Huron is a nut. Expect more of each as time goes by. I wasn't fond of the red, black and bronze, so I sacked off the bronze as it really did nothing for me! :grin:

Anyhow, I digress, here's the painting so far:

The reposed Oblits. 'Towering' above other troops? Were they balls, they were crouching like cowards. Now they tower and I approve:

Huron Black Heart. He's a little short, but he makes up for his stature with a great big temper:

Space Wolves. These are to display only. Need to dirty the Wolf Lord with frost axe and the boarding marine. The only one I'm adding to these is Rockfist, which I have ready to go :):

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I love the palette you're using for your corsairs, love the job you've done on all of them and your Wolves have given me some inspiration (I need more purity seals on EVERYTHING!!)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Cheers man! Much appreciated! :) I realised not so long ago that I have tonnes of purity seals and never used them, suspect there's gonna be a lot used over the coming months!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Cheers gents! I'll get pictures of the space hulk termies up this evening. I'm quite pleased with how they've turned out.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Little update of the last thing I painted. Was a break from the normal miniatures, and one of the best pieces of scenery I reckon. Still debating adding bird crap to it...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Well, a few more bits to add, this time it's Huron Blackheart and five chaos chaps (have the full 10 finished but failed to take a pic of them), the hellbrute and the ork half-trakk with flakk kannons which is still a WIP:

Chaos chaps:

Hellbrute:

Half Trakk WIP:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
That said I'm not sure the pictures do the actual red justice. Its pretty deep and smooth, looks almost sexy in the flesh! :)

121 - 140 of 153 Posts