Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Cheer KF! :) Looking forward to getting cracking on it myself! :)

This next one represents the final marines that need painting for my company, and contains the command squad for the IG Allies I'm using for them (DKoK but just using the normal IG rules).

Slightly sub par Scout squad. I have another three somewhere in the den, but not actually sure where they are... time will tell, should be moving house in two weeks... These were ebay rescues and cost me about 6 quid or so, stripped them (and cillitbanged them a bit too long, hence teh nobbly paint, more noticable on the heavy.

This is the Ltd Edition Boarding Marine with the blue eagle (from the Muppets) on his thunder hammer. Enjoying painting him so far. He's number three for the five man display squad thing...

Njal base coated with most of his armour highlighted

And the world's best Commissar bar none (figure not painting, clearly:wink:). He's my trial for the paint scheme for the allies.

Probably no more for a week or three depending on how everything goes. Truth be known I haven't written or painted anything for about three weeks, moving house saps my will to do anything! hah!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I was packing up some stuff from my desk today and found the spare parts from the thunderwolves and a couple of Mk V FW fellas, so set about chopping them up and made another wolf lord. Pretty pleased with the overall result! :)

Back to packing now I guess.. Nice to do a bit of modelling in the midst of boxing everything up! :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Well, seeing the Rev's Gabriel Seth conversion made me want to use my own copy of the figure in my own army. Not wanting to rip off the design completely (despite how good the Rev's is) I went for a Wolf Priest instead. I love the pose of the figue as he's charging forwards, no doubt now shouting about Russ and the Allfather.

And here he is! :)

Still not fully packed my desk and needing plenty of boxes etc, so will be painting probably up until the weekend. Mega! :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
A few more bits done towards the full battle company! :)

First up, the ten Fenrisian wolves. Now they're decent miniatures, but THey only got a quick paint job. They look pretty monotone in the pic, but it's under a normal light bulb so kind of blends everything orange! Here they are anyway!

An old model who was the last remnant of my Ultramarines company, and the last mini I bought for second ed. He was undercoated and had a few parts painted white, but he's becoming my Iron Priest now and is just about base coated. In all his retro glory:

Finaly it's ANOTHER squad of Grey Hunters. More or less only base coated at the mo:

Hopefully more tomorrow. At the moment the flat is full of boxes of stuff ready for the move next week so depends how long my desk remains upright... hopefully until Wednesday night.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
As always I'm flitting between parts of the Company to finish them off as and when the mood takes me, so here's a few pics of the IG allies so far. I've stood them next to the Grey Hunter to show how they scale up, and I'm happy with the way they look. The DKK chaps being slimmer and shorter than their Cadian counterparts really works well, and makes the Marines nearby look larger and more imposing. At 30 quid a squad it will take me some time to be able to get a full platoon and transports for them.

The rest of them in all their undercoated goodness!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Taking a break from painting for the night, so we have:

Company HQ:

Platoon HQ:

First Squad:

Painting them as a group so may be slow going! :wink:

edit: Harsh lighting makes it look a little like a white out... will take better pics later! :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Final pics for tonight. Possibly some tomorrow. White has been wetbrushed on to get the base there and is getting smoothed out once the rest of the details are put on.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I really like what you've done to the Seth mini, a simple yet very effective conversion that had me wondering for a minute or two to figure out if you had just used the arms or not.

Looking forward to seeing how the IG turn out, FW have done a great job on the DKK line and its always nice to see them.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Cheers Jacobite! :) I wanted to do more with him, but it was the metal model and I find it so hard to cut bits off with any degree o accuracy! Usually end up with obvious and shoddy changes. Kept this one simple and it's worked quite well!

Should have invested in the finecast one! Hah!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
You've almost made me unpack my SW stuff and paint something up for the first time in months.
Do iiiiiit!!! :) The world needs more! :)

Looking forward to finishing them all and returning to my greenskins though. Nearly finished the whole Great Company and still not had a battle with them! Was my aim to begin with so I'm pleased I've managed it so far! Will still add to the support for them mind you. Want a few land speeders and a little more armour for them too. And another three drop pods... won't go into that just yet though... haha!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #115 (Edited)
House move over and little time for modelling or painting since. However, I've been piddling about with some chaos stuff since the DV box came out, and been buying a few bits to flesh out a small force. Despite my dislike of the squatted Oblits pose, I picked up a box of them and have reposed them. In the Codex they're described as towering over other troops, so I cut up their legs and reposed them.

I'm pretty happy with the result, they're more intimidating now than the squat crawlers they seemed to be. It's even made me debate getting some mutilators and having a crack at them!:

Will be finishing the wolves and allies first mind you. Desk is set up, and pretty soon I'll be picking up the brushes again. New desk set up I'm pleased with, everything is finally where I need it to be! :)

Anyhow, more in the next week or so once I have the internerd back on again! :)

Tally Ho!

·
Like a Bawss
4,111 Posts
I am very jealous of the shrine to Warhammer you've got. My wife makes me keep them all in carrying cases or boxes in a corner. I think she's ashamed :laugh:

Anyways, looking forward to some more updates, good luck making the mutilators look good, since they're such hideous models

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Haha! It will be a tricky conversion! ;-)

Aye, my mrs said I could have the loft to 'put all my shit in' as she put it. Means she doesn't have to explain to her family and friends why there's groups of grown men playing with small spacemen on the back table! ;-)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Finished off this chap last night wile watching Incredible Hulk. He was originally an Ultramarine, so had been undercoated about 15 years ago or so. Found him in an ol box a few months ago and here he is, my army's Iron Priest! :)

More over the next few days as my painting continues. Then I've just got to base about 70 minis! Joy...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Some more painting from the past few days. Amazingly, there's enough light in the new house for me to be able to see in various locations. The flat had such poor lighting it was a bloody nightmare, thankfully, I can now see properly!

This week I've so far managed to finish off my second to last squad of Grey Hunters and made some decent progress on the FW fella I'm using as a wolf lord, and the Ltd Ed Boarding Marine.

Grey Hunters:

Wolf Lord

Boarding Marine:

The Wolf Lord and Boarding Marine are to go with the Standard Bearer and the Sgt mini that were shown a few pages back, taking the total for the 'just for the hell of it' minis to four. One more and I'll be happy with that. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Left to do:
10 Grey Hunters
1 Predator
Njal in Terminator Armour
Rockfist
The Wolf Priest fellow who's name I can't remember and the scibor fella who's being painted up as a wolf lord in TA.

Any choices for next to paint? :)

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
The boarding marine looks great. I have one here that the Reverend was good enough to pick up for me, but I haven't had the balls to get started on him. I can't even decide whether to use a SW head or just go with the helmet.

Liking that combiplasma conversion as well.

101 - 120 of 153 Posts