Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i've been away from the site for a while and it seemed time for me to try and get back into the swing of things.
As any one of you who has tried to follow one of my plogs before will know i'm notoriously bad at sticking to projects and get distracted very quickly. Every so often i set myself a mission "paint army x", complete units before a certain date. I always end up falling off the wagon and then can't get back into the swing of painting.

This year i've decided to go easy on myself and set only 1 mission with an entire year to get it done.

Paint 150 models.

Now for the sake of this plog, a model is any complete vehicle, base of small monsters, single monster, individual figure or piece of terrain. Yes i could complete it by just smashing through individual characters but that kinda defeats the point. I've also still got no fewer than 10 superheavies floating around at various stages of completion so i'm hoping at least one of these will be finished but it's not necisary.

I want to clear the backlog a little and at this point i don't care if i'm clearing Heroquest, DnD, 40k, Warmachine, Relics, Space crusade, Inquisitor or Malifaux.

That said i'll be tracking what i have painted here at the same time so that we can track where my focus has been this year.

So without further ado here are my first 2 models of the year. Sorry about the picture quality, i can't find my camera so it was up to my phone.

Mogar "The Bear" Michaels; a half Giant fighting out of the southern deserts.
Height: 7'6"
Weight: 384 pounds
Fighting Style: Psionic Boxing

Second is a classic Ral Partha Giant model that i've had sat around for a while. This model is actually 4 years older than i am. 1979.

Totals
DnD
Heroes: 1
Monsters: 1

148 remaining

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Greetings fellow Backlogger!

I shall watch your progress with great interest! :good:

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great path to follow if you are a project jumper Grim, anything getting painted is better than just staring at a particular army with a block.

Look forward to seeing a random mix of minis :)
As someone with a horrid backlog, I applaud this project! Looking forward to your stuff. :eek:k:
I applaud this plog and the ambition - Good luck my friend :good:
Ohh Relics - I'm just getting to the end of my Orcnar backlog - just 1 Niwian to go!

What have you got?

Ill certainly be keeping an eye out for your updates. :)
Greetings fellow Backlogger!

I shall watch your progress with great interest! :good:
Good luck with your 150 project. Swapping and changing is probably the best way to keep your painting enthusiasm going.

Wow thanks guys, ill be trying to get my partially built/painted stuff out of the way first I think. Of which there are many. I'm also on a bit of a fantasy kick at the moment, there are a couple of minotaurs looking at me now.

As for the relics, I'm not sure what they are called, they look like napoleonic sackboys. I picked them up on a whim cause I liked the models.

Without further ado here are six heroquest zombies that are now clear of the shelf of shame.

Totals
Dnd
Hero:1
Monsters:1

Heroquest
Monsters:6

142 remain

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Excellent idea Grimzag, best of luck to you and if you get through another four and a half this month, you'll be on track for an excellent 12.5 models a month ratio, pleasing every statistician (there must be some) around on heresy!

·
Registered
202 Posts
As for the relics, I'm not sure what they are called, they look like napoleonic sackboys. I picked them up on a whim cause I liked the models.
:grin: Britanans - They are excellent figures. It's a cracking game so I would suggest giving it a go if you get chance. It's pretty simple and quick to play.

Good luck with the rest of the backlog :good:

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Excellent idea Grimzag, best of luck to you and if you get through another four and a half this month, you'll be on track for an excellent 12.5 models a month ratio, pleasing every statistician (there must be some) around on heresy!
Well i didin't manage the ratio, maybe i can catch up a little this month.

:grin: Britanans - They are excellent figures. It's a cracking game so I would suggest giving it a go if you get chance. It's pretty simple and quick to play.

Good luck with the rest of the backlog :good:
I'll definately be trying to get the Britanans done at some point, the problem is that no one in my gaming grop plays so they are more likely to end up as display pieces :( . Ah well.

Right i managed to get a combat squad of White panthers finished. I was dissapointed with how the decals loked on the last squad i did so with these i freehanded the chapter badge. The other half of this tac squad is nearly completely blocked out so they might be up soon, i feel like trying to get a bit of a head start whilst i have some time off this month though so with that in mind i might try to blitz through a load of scenary that i have sat around. It's quicker to paint than infantry squads (especially marines) and should give me enough of a head start to tackle a couple of my larger projects.

Totals
Dnd

Heroquest

White Panthers: 5

137 remain

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OKay as i mentioned, i'm going to try to smash out some quantity this month to try and give me some breathing room for later in the year. With that in mind i've managed to paint up a fair amount of terrain.

Nine models in total with a possible tenth on the way, i've also started slogging through a large 20 boy feral ork unit that's been sat in a storage tub for a few years now. I'm hoping to get them done before the end of the month, 15 days to get 20 boys done....it might just be possible.

Totals
Dnd

Heroquest

White Panthers: 5

Terrain: 9
128 remain

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Nice work, both the white panthers and all that scrap yard esque terrain look fantastic. You are definitely putting the prolific painting hands on for this month!

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Nice work, both the white panthers and all that scrap yard esque terrain look fantastic. You are definitely putting the prolific painting hands on for this month!
It's the second set of scrapyard stuff i've put together for my board, the Demonscape terrain on the whole is great. I've never found a mould line on anything that i've put together from them. If Demonscape ever got a licence for creating forge world models i would be all over it. I'm hoping that i can steamroll through my 21 (i found an extra one) orks to really give me a headstart for the rest of the year.

at this rate you shouldve upped your model count to 200. Nice to see that its all quality work.
I was going to set it a little higher but the main problem i've got is that sooner or later i'll run out of models that are completely constructed. If i can get a big enough headstart i'll be able to put some focus on a superheavy or two. Even painting vehicles means more work than i've been doing for these because i mostly have ork vehicles constructed and they all have exposed crew that will need paint.

Ok Enough talking...more painting.

The last piece of terrain i promised in my last message is done. Some nice mysteriously glowing obelisks.

Also the first of my orks, one Nob (who i will rename as i got confused as to which notes i should have been reading with the naming guide i created) and a shoota boy who just seems to have randomly appeared in my slugga boy box.

That means that I've just hit the 12.5 per month target for Feb and caught up the missing ones from Jan.

Totals
DnD
Heroes:1

Heroquest

White panthers:5
Orks:2

Terrain:10

125 remain : 1/6th completed

·
8,723 Posts
An Ork in a Roman helmet. Class! :laugh: :good:

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
An Ork in a Roman helmet. Class! :laugh: :good:
Would you believe that he used to be a bloodbowl plastic orc. I redid the helmet cause i had several with the origional spike in the army already.

Love the scrap yard terrain, very nice. Keep up the good work with the model count.
Cheers bud.

Time for another update.

Voila! nine orks completed, i was going to do twenty but i decided at around about six that i wasn't in the mood to do all twenty in one go so i got the squad up to legal size (with the nob from the previous post) and now i'll move onto something different.

four more and i've already finished my March models.

Totals
DnD
Heroes:1

Heroquest

Orks:11

116 remain

·
8,723 Posts
Would you believe that he used to be a bloodbowl plastic orc. I redid the helmet cause i had several with the origional spike in the army already.
Having looked closer at the face, yes I would. Nice work! :good:

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So after giving myself a month headstart by getting almost all of my march models done in February....i proceeded to only do a single model in March and put myself behind by three models....nice work Grim.

Well at least my Dwarf Wizard is done.
I've got a couple of others on the burner, might get another few done in the next couple of days.

Totals
DnD
Heroes:2

Heroquest

Orks:11

115 remain

1 - 20 of 48 Posts