Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
both scatter dice and 2d6, pg 30 BRB

oh wait IG codex state ''reroll the scatter dice'' not reroll to hit...so you reroll only the scatter dice, kinda unintended wording imho but absolutely clear :)

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
I've always thought it ment re-roll all the dice. Mostly because it says Re-roll the Scatter Dice not Re-roll the Scatter Die but then again GW has a habit of using the word Dice for everything, as in Roll One Dice (???).

p.30 of the BRB does say under "Blast weapons and re-rolls" that you must re-roll both the scatter dice and the 2D6. I see that Codex doesn't say re-roll to-hit but I think thry're both saying the same thing.

Just my opinion. I'm not gonna argue RAW & RAI, I'll leave that up to the rest of y'all.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Actually, if you re-roll for scatter, you are re-rolling all of them. Scatter dice as well as D6. It's a basic re-roll. All dice that failed to have the desired effect are rolled. Granted, this may have a worse result than before, but that's the chance you take.

Why do I think this is right..? Because the d6 determine scatter distance. Therefore are part of the scatter dice roll and counted as scatter dice.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Nope, accurate bombardment lets you re-roll the 'Scatter dice' which is just the dice with arrows on it. If they wanted you to reroll all the dice it would have said , re roll to hit or made it twin-linked or something.

Aramoro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts