Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after doing a SM army for some time I have decided to do a GK army but would i be best served to wait until the new Dex comes out and the new range of minis etc. as I am in 2 minds as to what to do, as I dont want to buy a crap load of minis to find out they are redundant or cant be used etc.

any help much appreciated U.C

·
Registered
736 Posts
UC

Like most of us.... you really are at the mercy of GW... that said. :) I have been playing since 87... and I can honestly say I still use some of those figures today. If you wish to do a GK army go for it. They have changed once since 1991 on their armaments... so I think your safe using the figures. The squad configurations may change etc. But if you purchased just pure GK... it is very unlikely they would say NO! they are all armed with teddy bears now instead of force weapons etc.

I would not however spend 500 bucks on stuff to convert... as its metal and you would be better of converting other stuff that is plastic. But for a basic force... go for it!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Well, the troops choices and Terminators won't change that much, and you'll probably be able to put the models to good use.

I say go for it; when they rerelease models in plastic, some cool details are usually lost.

(Eg. Space Marine Captain had a sword sheath and leg details, unlike the plastic one)

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Or do what I did, buy sanguinary guard and mod them to look like greyknights.

I think its a great idea...Not boasting or anything...:grin:

There is a thread in the modeling section.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the the advice just didn't want to do what I did with the SM'S ie. buy a crapload of oop minis thinking they were current ed. and thinking oh s**t they will not fit in at all with my newer power armored angels of death /sigh but have ordered some GK'S as I speak
U.C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts