Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a bit bored and decided to make this list, I may have messed up somewhere and if I have please tell me. Anyways let's begin

Inquisition using inquisitorial detachment:

HQ:
Ordo malleus inquisitor 114
Terminator armour
Combi melta
Nemesis daemon hammer
Psyker mastery level 1
3 servo skull

ELITES:
inquisitorial henchmen warband: 3 acolytes with meltas

Inquisitorial henchmen warband: 3 acolytes with meltas

Grey Knights using nemesis strike force:

HQ:
Librarian 165
Storm bolter
Mastery level 3
Domina liber dawmonica

TROOPS:
5 terminators 205
Falchions on justicar
2 halberds
1 hammer
1 psycannon and halberd

5 terminators 205
Falchions on justicar
2 halberds
1 hammer
1 psycannon and halberd

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Nemesis dreadknight 225
Personal teleporter
Nemesis great sword
Heavy psycannon
Heavy incinerator

Plan is to use the servo skulls for a more reliable deep strike put the inquisitor in one squad of terminators
And the librarian in the other.
While shunting the dreadknight up and smashing stuff with him while using the acolytes for anti-tank or meatshields. So what do you guys think (this is my first try of a grey knight army with allies and is more of me finding out what i need to buy)

·
Registered
2 Posts
As you know acolytes with meltas add the tank-busting the GK inherently lack, so they're a good choice. What model do you plan on using for this unit? Power-amour is the way to go I think so maybe a SM scout of some kind with melta.

Next note on the inquisitor faction is perhaps drop a unit of acolytes and pick up 2 Jokaero Weaponsmiths, SPACE MONKEYS with lascannons! Not only are they a cool model but i think they get the job done you're looking for while buffing our the unit some more. Overall I've thought about doing something similar with the inquisitor detachment to save points on bringing Crowe or Draigo

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
HQ:
Ordo malleus inquisitor 114
Terminator armour
Combi melta
Nemesis daemon hammer
Psyker mastery level 1
3 servo skull
For what he does, he's ok. A Melta is nice for the one shot, but if you're going to bother with him, I'd go with the Psycannon. Honestly however, he's better tasked to hiding behind an Aegis Line with Comms (for the same cost) to guarantee your Grey Knights deep strike in on turn 1.

ELITES:
inquisitorial henchmen warband: 3 acolytes with meltas

Inquisitorial henchmen warband: 3 acolytes with meltas
I hate to say it, but these guys are totally useless. They have no means of transportation, which means they're starting in your deployment zone wearing carapace armor asking to be destroyed long before they can do anything like get to enemy tanks. In this sort of role, you'd be better suited to taking Sisters as Allies, so they can run around with MM Immolators.

If you're really set on these guys, take advantage of the fact that they can take Inquisition Chimeras, give them double heavy bolters and take Psyammo; something that doesn't exist in the GK codex anymore but is still legit for Inquisitors.

Grey Knights using nemesis strike force:

HQ:
Librarian 165
Storm bolter
Mastery level 3
Domina liber dawmonica

TROOPS:
5 terminators 205
Falchions on justicar
2 halberds
1 hammer
1 psycannon and halberd

5 terminators 205
Falchions on justicar
2 halberds
1 hammer
1 psycannon and halberd

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Nemesis dreadknight 225
Personal teleporter
Nemesis great sword
Heavy psycannon
Heavy incinerator
The GK options are sturdy and solid, so I can't really complain there. If you want to find some points for other options, I'd suggest dropping the Terminators down to 4 Swords, 1 Hammer, 1 Psycannon per squad. That gives you back 10 points per squad, and you could use just the incinerator on the DK if you wanted, freeing up some points for other toys if you wanted, or sisters, or whatever.

Plan is to use the servo skulls for a more reliable deep strike put the inquisitor in one squad of terminators
And the librarian in the other.
While shunting the dreadknight up and smashing stuff with him while using the acolytes for anti-tank or meatshields. So what do you guys think (this is my first try of a grey knight army with allies and is more of me finding out what i need to buy)
I think I've covered all of it right now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so I understand the problems with the original and have redone it. I also however already own an army of astra militarum so tell me which would be more useful for anti tank Astra militarum or inquisition?

Inquisition inquisitorial detachment:
HQ
Ordo malleus inquisitor 34
Carapace armour
Bolt pistol
Chainsword
3 servo skulls

ELITES
Inquisitorial henchmen 166
2 jokaero weapon smiths
2 acolytes with meltagun carapace armour
Chimera 2 heavy bolters and psybolt ammo

Grey Knights nemesis strike force

HQ:
Librarian
Storm bolter
ml3
Domina liber daemonica

TROOPS:
5 terminators 205
Falchions on justicar
2 halberds
1 daemon hammer
1 psycannon and halberd

5 terminators 205
Falchions on justicar
2 halberds
1 psycannon and halberd
1 daemon hammer

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Nemesis dreadknight 225
Heavy psycannon
Heavy incinerator
Nemesis greatsword
Personal teleporters

Total points: 1000

So what do you think?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I'm honestly not familiar with Guard to give you a solid answer there. You could probably have fun with some lascannon armor to deal with your lack of tank-busting weaponry.

I think the army looks pretty decent right now. you'd probably want the Inq in with the henchmen just so he gets to hide in the tank also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts