Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Im playing around with a list, and while im wanting a small core force of 1000pts of pure GK I would like to expand it up to 1500/1750 with some allies. Im having a bit of a problem deciding which way to go, so heres my 1k list and the options im considering.

Librarian 1 HQ Lvl3, Halberd, Storm Bolter 140
Terminator Squad 5 TR Psycannon, Hammer, 4x Halberd 203
Terminator Squad 5 TR Psycannon, Hammer, 4x Halberd 203
Dreadknight 1 HS Heavy Incinerator, Psycannon, Sword, Teleporter 225
Dreadknight 1 HS Heavy Incinerator, Psycannon, Sword, Teleporter 225

A fairly standard, if small, Nemesis strike force. For the allies im thinking:

1) Pod marines with Tiggy. Two pods with melta/combimelta and a cheap assault squad for a tiggy guard. Meltas go for big threats and I get reserves manipulation. Adding in a stormraven or another GKT squad to fill up the points.

2) Scars bikes. Take Khârn and make him the warlord, two grav bike squads as troops and use that as the main detachment. Pop in some stormtalons for AA

3) Imperial Knight, Inquisitor and henchmen or Vindicare manning a comms link. Gives me a big beastie with a melta weapon and that lovely reserves manipulation, will be enough points left for a third GKT squad.

4) Stormwing Dataslate and Inquisitor and henchmen or Vindicare manning a comms link

5) Pure GK with a raven, moar termies and moar dreadknights.

Plenty of choice, sadly not plenty of points to spend... any ideas?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Option 4 is my choice. I've built something very similar myself. You run the Inquisitor on the comms, because he also gives you the servo skulls. Or, you give him Terminator Armor and Divination, and put him in the squad that the Libby's not, and run the Vindicaire on the Comms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts