Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the 40k bombardment goes on

yay gray knights (sarcasm) to be honest i couldn't care less about this,as i don't like or collect gray knights, but what do guys think?

bonus question is it me or are people are getting tired of 40k after 40k each week?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Love 40k, despise the Knights. Ward's poster boy under steroids. Fuck 'em.
DO i read a "new codex" there??
Are they the next in line?
I hope not, i want DE...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Love 40k, despise the Knights. Ward's poster boy under steroids. Fuck 'em.
DO i read a "new codex" there??
Are they the next in line?
I hope not, i want DE...
By all appearances, yes they are unfortunately. Which makes it three solid months of 40K, and also one of the armies I happen to be working on right now. Goddamnit, GW.

Also, the Grey Knights existed long before Ward bastardised them. Codex: Demonhunters would like a word.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Wow, that came out of nowhere. As a demonhunter player for over a decade, I'm excited though.

I heard rumours that they'll be removing the inquisition totally. It would be a kick in the teeth for all the powergamers who use coteaz/henchmen spam for the powerdice (remember that codex: Inquisition vehicles don't have psychic pilots). Also, in the codex: Inquisition FAQ, they removed the entry that coteaz makes henchmen act as troops... He's still a pimp in all other ways though.

So yeah, I'm excited. And to all the grey knight haters who were touched by a GK during 5th in naughty places, I stick my middle finger up! ;)

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Could not care less to be honest.

I am getting rather annoyed at all this constant 40K as well. Mind you I admit bias on my part as a Brettonian player. I want my new book damnit! I've waited long enough in my eyes.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I am getting rather annoyed at all this constant 40K as well. Mind you I admit bias on my part as a Brettonian player. I want my new book damnit! I've waited long enough in my eyes.
Yes, the sooner the better. Mind if I join the que? All this 40K is kinda burning out my enthusiasm X3

·
Registered
453 Posts
Being some kind of Warhammer Amish, I don't care much about any new army books anymore. However, I still can't imagine why you'd want a Bretonnian army book, now of all times. With 9th ed. around the corner, who would want to be stuck in that terrible 8th edition for years, only to be updated again when 10th ed. is coming? If 9th edition is any better than 8th, I'd be much more happy to have my armybooks updated then rather than now.
Since I've started working on my 40k army an entire edition has passed with me only having a single game of Kill Team. Will 8th ed. come with christmass?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ye I'm all burnt out on 40k. Never had much experience with grey knights, but when I played against them = ouch :ireful2:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Yeah every month for the past couple I have been expecting fantasy stuff, I don't like the new release schedule since it went to weekly, because everything becomes drip fed so the excitement disappears from it, I mean when Orks came about I thought great this is going to be really nice, but everything came through so slowly so that by the time the codex appeared I couldn't care less. Heck I remmeber the old days when there were a couple fo months between updates, which made every new update incredibly exciting for me.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I don't have a real beef with the new release schedule if I don't keep up to date with it - it's not like I'm going to fight most of these armies anyway, and it leads to some interesting situations when I deploy against someone using a book I've never seen before.

The main cause of 40k fatigue for me is when I keep up to date with the rumours and know the stats for every single unit in the game, at which point I get bored. Tuning out of the rumour mill usually makes things a bit better for me.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
I don't care about the constant 40k, since it's all I play anyway.

It is the bulk of their revenue, and if that means they prioritize it then oh well, that's just how it is.

If it means I get my nice new necron codex sooner than I normally would then great. :cool:

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Don't get all upset, it's basically exactly the same codex with the Inquisition removed as well as any unit entry they don't have a model for. Other than that, it's the same codex copy/pasted.

Not really bothered tbh. At some point I might do a GK army, specially since they seem to be trying hard to lose the "cheese" factor associated with certain armies by fixing problems they've had since 5th (i.e. removing Air Cav from IG as an option, removing Nobz spam, fixing Grey Hunters etc). As far as I'm concerned, getting rid of "power builds" and "must have" units like Coteaz is only a good thing.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm just getting sick of the constant fucking space marine updates. We get it. There are other teams out there though.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I don't have a real beef with the new release schedule if I don't keep up to date with it - it's not like I'm going to fight most of these armies anyway, and it leads to some interesting situations when I deploy against someone using a book I've never seen before.

The main cause of 40k fatigue for me is when I keep up to date with the rumors and know the stats for every single unit in the game, at which point I get bored. Tuning out of the rumor mill usually makes things a bit better for me.
i totally agree with this...just take it as it comes..when it comes and the excitement is still there..

its funny reading the comment here...all the complain about the release schedule..ha last year everybody complain about not enough content....

no it we want warhammer...well theres only 3 codex left for 40k..then they all complain too much warhammer...

people will complaion if there ass is on fire and if you piss on them to put it out..

its no wonder GW doesnt use social media

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I'm just getting sick of the constant fucking space marine updates. We get it. There are other teams out there though.
There's four armies left to update, two of which are Imperium (GK and BA) and two of which are Xenos (Necrons and DE). Pretty straight up split, and this is the first two-in-a-row release for the Imperium that I can recall since 6th hit. Unless you're talking about LotR or WFB...then yeah. I get it.

I'm stoked. One more Codex closer to a BA update.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Space marines are the bread and butter of GW. If they are going to release new codexes Imperium aligned codexes will take priority. If they keep releasing a codex a month then we should see the xenos books soon so keep your panties on.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts