Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I think that it would be nice share some pictures with the community and when I joined H-O in june someone asked me to show some of my works, so finally here they are!

I started painting after a long pause at the end of may, so I also want to use this thread as "motivator" for keep me working on, along with the monthly Army Paint and Deathmatch Competitions, and I plan to update it at least once per month.

I don't have a professional camera, so every photo is pc-edited in order to -hopefully- have a better image.

Feel free to comment/suggest/ask as much as you want.

1ale4

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor with Psycannon and Daemonhammer

Conversion of Inquisitor Hector Rex from Forge World.

The psycannon is just a psilencer converted, there are a lot of tutorials on internet as this one -conversion 2- . The conversion takes very little time and you don't have to waste a terminator psycannon for your OMI.

I've passed a lot of time trying to recreate a marble effect on the armour. I've started trying the Chest of colors marble tutorial but I'm not good enough so in the end I've used a base of GW Bleached bone, and then for the streaks a lot of different washes with Prince August 939 or GW Snakebite leather or GW Skull White wherever I've thought it would be fine. Also using a marble texture can help. Then I've added the veins with GW Chaos Black.

Others pics:

Edit: Added pics

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot!

I agree about the barrel and I'm gonna drill it, but I cannot do it at home so that's why there's still that horrible black hole :)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Well done! Thought about doing the marble look on armor before, just havn't taken the time. Really liked how yours turned out!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The marble looks very realistic.
That marble effect is stunning!
Really liked how yours turned out!
Agreed that the marble looks lovely.
Thanks a lot, seems like a step-to-step tutorial would be appreciate :grin:

Now I have to start the dreadnought for the Army competition, but when I'll finish it I'll add a tutorial for the marble here, promise!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts