Grand Master (Complete)
Inquisitor (Complete)
Techmarine (Complete)
Vendicare assassin (Complete)
25 terminators (10/24 Complete)
2 Dreadnoughts (Complete)
10 PGK (10/10 Complete)
10 Death Cult Assassins (Complete)
12 Warrior acolytes with various weapons (12/12 Complete)
Land Raider Crusaders (Complete)
2 Razorbacks (2/2 Complete)

Dark Angels Project

Belial
Interrogation Chaplain
Dreadnought
Librarian in Power Armor
Deathwing Terminators with Various Weapons (16/25 Complete)
Power Armor guys with various Weapons (21/42 Complete)
Assault Marines 10
Bikes 6
Attack Bike
Land Speeders 4
Land Raider
Land Raider Crusader

I'll be updating more on my Flickr site. What do you guys think?
Link!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

First Dread

Second Dread. (I cleaned up the base some after this picture)

Both with all the Weapons. The arms and bodies are magnetic.

Librarian

Terminator 1

Terminator 2. The White on this guy gave me a lot of trouble. I think it turned out decent in the end.

All the arms are magnetic so they can be interchangeable.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Nice work mate.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
I am very impressed with this. they only thing I might say is add a bit of red to break up the silver. You're pretty much using all metallic colors, and some contrast would be nice. Other than that, spot-on painting job and keep it up.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's 3 different kind of silvers on everything. The photos don't really do it justice. I'm going for plain looking tanks as to not distract from the guys on foot. If this is a bad idea let me know. =)

I'm kind of leery about using washes. My local shop was out of the ones I needed. Any tips would be appreciated. This is my first time really painting anything.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
i think we need to water the washes down too, im guessing youre using a babab black (or variation of)

i saw a streak marks on the rhino and i think thats been caused by letting the wash pool, i have the same issue which is why im avoiding painting my IG tanks :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I haven't used any washes yet. I was hoping the streaks would not be as noticeable once the wash is applied.

After painting these guys I have more respect for guard players. I really like the one with the leg wound. Don't know if it came out really well in the picture though.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Looks really nice, but as a Necron player I know the risks of too much silver, and that is that you can come out looking very flat.

Your silvers need a wash to bring out the shapes. Everything looks a little monotone at the moment, with no noise to break up the spaces. I say first do a black wash to bring out the shadows, then a thinner blue wash to make everything look spiffy. You don't have to cover the flat areas. Just hit the crevices then wipe the large spaces you want to remain untainted by the wash with a q-tip, and viola, silver with deep shadows. It provides some texture and noise to break up the silvers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great progress so far, I would say try to drill out those barrels or at least paint some black circles onto the guns. I enjoy what you have been doing with some of the models, can't wait for the Land Raider. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The DE Wyches only have weapons in one hand and a pistol in the other. After cutting up all the excess bladed weapons and glueing them to hands that previously had pistols I will still short some arms. I pulled some Eldar bits our of my bitz box that I had forgotten about for the missing arms.

I'm happy with how they turned out.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts