Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am completely new to grey knights and this is my first army list attempt. The army will use the nemesis strike force formation. Any criticism is welcome, so here it is:

brother captain 189
cuirass of sacrifice
psycannon
nemesis force falchions

TROOPS:
5 terminators 212
2 halberds
2 falchions
1 psycannon
1 daemon hammer
justicar has melta bombs

5 terminators 212
2 halberds
2 falchions
1 psycannon
1 daemon hammer
justicar has melta bombs

HEAVY SUPPORT:

nemesis dreadknight 195
heavy incinerator
heavy psycannon
nemesis greatsword

nemesis dreadknight 195
heavy incinerator
heavy psycannon
nemesis greatsword

this bring this list to the grand total of 1003 points.:eek:k:

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
That's a super elite list that may possibly have the toughness to duke out some games of 'seize the relic' or 'purge the alien' and the mobility in the dreadknights to give you some hope of taking maelstrom objectives.

I think you'll find that the super low body count works against you, and more often than not your terminators will be overwhelmed by massed fire or massed combat even though you neutralise the nasty stuff first turn.

Still, play some games and let us know how you go!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I would downgrade a falchion in each squad to halberd, and give the falchions to your Justicars (more attacks for challenges). That gets you back under 1000 points.

Otherwise, Iraqiel hit the nail on the head. My only other suggestion to get a few more bodies on the table would be drop one Terminator squad, and maybe some of the extra upgrade points (like the meltabombs), and see if you could manage a squad of Interceptors.

OR you can find some points (by dropping one of the two weapons on the Dreadknights) for Personal Teleporters.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the tips, that army I just created looking at the codex. I only own roughly half of the miniatures. Here is what I currently have:

Castellan Crowe
5 terminators
10 power armoured gk's
1 rhino
1 dreadknight

So what do you guys think I should make the pagk's purifiers or interceptors and should i get more terminators or another dreadknight or both? XD as you cana tell im completely new to grey knights, I played Orks before so there is quite a big difference in tactics.

If you guys have any good ideas then feel free to reply and create one including some of these guys or tell me what to purchase I'm currently planning on another squad of terminators a dreadknight and a brother captain or librarian (which one :shok:)http://www.heresy-online.net//uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I have recreated my list after watching/reading some battle reports and found that I seemed to have some of the miniatures.
HQ:
Librarian 140
Mastery level 3
Stormbolter

TROOPS:
5 Terminators 193
4 Halberds
1 Psycannon

5 Terminators 203
4 Halberds
1 Nemesis Daemon Hammer
1 Psycannon

FAST ATTACK:
10 Interceptors (combat squadded probably) 285
2 Incinerators
1 Nemesis Daemon Hammer
Melta Bombs

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Nemesis Dreadknight 180
Personal Teleporter
Heavy Incinerator

As always any tips would be appreciated (the list comes to 1001 points)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts