Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no Grand Master available from GW, so what do you do? You do what all of us do, make one :grin: My favorite models have all been ones that require some sort of conversion. This one is no exception. And unlike the jetseers/jetlocks that I've done, this one is pretty simple!

First I started with Brother-Captain Stern. And why not...he almost became a grand master after all! But does he have the right gear (Terminator armor, storm bolter, Nemesis Force sword) ??? Check!

But this model isn't Stern so, to quote the Queen of Hearts, "off with his head!" (no loss IMO, I don't like it). His left hand is also bigger than his right, and I don't like it either; it just looks weird to me...so it goes too. Finally, my model didn't come with the shield for his solder so I had to improvise. But then this is probably only fitting since this won't end up being Stern after all, and a grand master should pick his own crest.

I used a helmeted head and crest from some of my terminator bits, and a hand from a strike squad sprue.

I had to cut away at some of the armor behind the helmet to make it sit correctly, which you can see from the top view picture. Once I got Stern's head mostly out of the way I used a 1/8" drill bit to round out the neck area to be ready to receive the new helmeted head.

Unfortunately, you are starting with a failcaste model, and I got a little too close to his collar on the left side while cutting out the old head and will have to fix that with some greenstuff, but the damage is no worse than some of the bubbles elsewhere so shouldn't be too big of a deal. Just be careful with where your knife is going!

Other than that this was a pretty simple conversion.

Here is the result. I'm really happy with it. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another view

Another view next to batman...er...I mean Coteaz:grin:

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts