Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy to any and all from this Minor Hive Fleet-er from Texas.

Just strolling through the internet looking up 40k things, hoping to find some place(s) with helpful hints, tips, and all other assortment of information from other players about ways to better my gameplay as a Tyranid player. There's something about just amassing a horde of Nids to flood a battlefield that has always appealed to me.

Downside, is my main opposition are Ultramarines (boo! hiss!) and Former Dark Eldar player-turned Adeptus Mechanicus. I could continue on with my struggle but that's not what an introduction is for. :grin:

I'm hoping to learn of ways to combat my Imperial Prey (aside from 'Mass Flyrant Spam I've seen in other places) as well as other ways to just have fun in general. After all, that's what playing the game is about in the first place, right?

Have to say that, in all my games I've played, my favorite in-game memory is either my Dark Eldar friend underestimating the lethality of Termagants and charging them in cover and getting melted in Overwatch from Fleshborers, or my Last Samurai-style kamikaze rush over a hill terrain with 40+ termaguants into Sternguard followed by a Tervigon to mop up. Out of all the guants, only one lived to see melee combat. He was a hero of the Hive and will be missed.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome aboard mate :)

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Welcome to Heresy mate, enjoy the inspiration and the community!

Whilst you're looking around, check out @tylertt's basement batreps. He's got a pretty nice swarm himself that gets some good results fighting the servants of Mankind.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey @IcarusWaxWings, welcome to the forum! I have been playing Tyranids for a few years now and have built up a decently sized collection. I have done several tatica videos for Tyranids on my gaming group's channel. You should stop over and check it out and let me know what you think.

I too like to run my Nids without Flyrants sometimes and enjoy the challenge it presents. I often run Swarmlord and have actually had some decent results too. If you have any questions for me just let me know, or even if you have anything Tyranid you want to discuss, I'd be down to chat.

@Iraqiel , I really appreciate the shoutout for our channel as well man!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts