Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everybody! I'm kind of a new member. I used to be a member probably four or five years ago, but have long since forgotten my old username and password, so I figured I'd register again. The username is the name of the Canoness leading my Adepta Sororitas army! Though I don't have much of an army, at the moment... just one squad that I paid somebody here to paint for me, years ago, and a bunch of other models with half-stripped paint and the like :p

I was excited about the new Adepta Sororitas electronic codex, so I got that on my iPad. Now I'm theory-crafting army lists and trying to figure out various seventh edition rules and changes.

So a couple of things on my mind, at the moment, that I figured I'd like to ask about. I'm hesitant to buy any models at the moment because I hear that Sisters of Battle might be getting plastic figures come 2015 some time... or at least there seem to be rumors circulating on that topic. Has anybody heard anything about that?

Also, how exactly do the ally rules work? I've read them, but can't really make much sense of them... I am wondering if it'd be worth using some battle brothers with my Adepta Sororitas army, but can't really find the rules for using them, just who counts as battle brothers or not. If I was playing a standard 1000-1500 point match at a game shop, would they typically allow battle brothers or not? Can you mix and match between the two (or more?) forces as much as you desire, or is there a limit to how many you can take? Do they still count toward your force organization chart?

Any ways, it is nice to be here again! Look forward to me spamming the Adepta Sororitas lists and strategy forums with questions and ideas.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Welcome back! I hope you will enjoy your time here :good:

I hear that Sisters of Battle might be getting plastic figures come 2015 some time... or at least there seem to be rumors circulating on that topic. Has anybody heard anything about that?
Personally I haven't heard those rumors, but it would make sense - They're the only army with pure metal/resin models presently so I wouldnt be surprised.

Also, how exactly do the ally rules work? I've read them, but can't really make much sense of them... I am wondering if it'd be worth using some battle brothers with my Adepta Sororitas army, but can't really find the rules for using them, just who counts as battle brothers or not. If I was playing a standard 1000-1500 point match at a game shop, would they typically allow battle brothers or not? Can you mix and match between the two (or more?) forces as much as you desire, or is there a limit to how many you can take? Do they still count toward your force organization chart?
In 7th the rules for allies are a lot less complicated than they were in 6th. In essence, the only rules for bringing a ally detachment (If you want to have a battleforged army that is) are the following:

- Must be a difference army/codex.
- They count as their own separate FoC.
- You may only bring 1 unit of each type (HQ, Troop, Elite, Fast, Heavy) but not Lord of War or fortifications for that detachment.
- You need to have at least 1 HQ and 1 Troop to make it legal.

That's about it. There are no percentage-roof of the total points anymore, so you can in theory make a 50/50 army if you are in smaller games. Oh and I have yet to experience a place where allies was not ok - If you want to be sure, just let the other side know before the game. I usually bring a mix of Chaos Space Marines and Daemons, so I always just let them know to expect both things.

I hope that made sense otherwise, feel free to ask again!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
welcome back. sadly the twisted sisters are treated very rudely by GW. Hope the rumors of plastic cast is true...otherwise..ugh..there are so few metal models remained on the gw store!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Sisters are a member of the "Armies of the Imperium," so are Battle Brothers with everybody who serves the Emperor, and can ally freely among them. Gives you a lot more options than last edition, certainly.

Welcome back to the forum!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
It went a good while ago now.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Well damn :( The Adepta Sororitas forum section seems kind of dead. How else am I suppose to strategize :(
It's dead because the codex is just that limited and uninspiring. You can basically use the same tacticas we had in 5th edition to play the army with very little change in list design. The "codex" is just not a very good update by any stretch of the definition. :(

That said I do have a homebrew that was blessed off on by Phil Kelly for playing with if you have a group who is willing to let you do that: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7ntWZ0Nw1CVSVpCNnFOd0d3QXM/edit?usp=sharing

All the changes are explained in full, and if you have any feedback on it I'm all ears.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts