Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day my name is Pete from Perth in Western Australia.

I'm about to receive an order of citadel paints and some 40k figures.
I have just recently found out I like to make small dioramas and I think I was pretty good at a couple I've just done. Made me want to get into 40k. Such an interesting story in 40k with generous back story and cool stuff.

I've been browsing this site on and off for the last week as anonymous but its got so much good stuff that I thought becoming a member would be beneficial.

I've got currently coming :
Space Marine Commander
Space Marine heavy weapons squad
Dreadnought

Second order I placed was for
Imperial Guard heavy weapons squad
Sentinal

I'll paint them up and put them in some sort of destroyed building scenery. If I end up getting enough I may even play some day.

I've seen some great tutorials and some high quality modelling here so I hope you guys can help this noob out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chumbalaya. Yeah I know the armies don't mix it was just for modelling. When I decide which one I like better I'll collect an army from that and start playing.
May even get a third lot just like Tyranids for some diversity.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Of the 3 I like painting marines the best just for the easy big surfaces, opportunities for very striking, but simple color schemes and all kinds of fun bits and add ons you get from various kits. To be fair, I haven't painted many Tyranids or guardsmen, but they should offer lots of variety.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
May have to get 2 out of the 3 armies because I have no friends that are into this.

One they see some terrain and few painted models I reckon they'll fall in line.

Cheers Chumbalaya

Filthy.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Sounds familiar. When I started back up I had to supply all the minis for games. So I have ig, csm's, nids and inquisition. Good to see another aussie gamer too.
Welcome to heresy online.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts