Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am at 1820. I would appreciate any ideas about what could be added or dropped for possibly a squad of Gretchin to hold an objective. Thanks.

HQ
125pts Warboss with PK, Shoota-Skorcha combi, Attack squig, Boss pole, Cybork body, 'eavy armor.

85pts Warphead Wierdboy

TROOPS
1175pts
5 * 235pts - 30 Boyz with Nob (PK and Boss pole) and 3 Big shootas.

ELITE
150pts 10 Lootas.

150pts 10 Lootas.

FAST ATTACK
45 pts Deffkpota with TLRL.

·
4,491 Posts
Id drop the Warboss and the Warphead for a Big Mek with KFF and 10 more Lootas.
Leaves you with 5 points, which you can save for a rainy day.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I am at 1820. I would appreciate any ideas about what could be added or dropped for possibly a squad of Gretchin to hold an objective. Thanks.

HQ
125pts Warboss with PK, Shoota-Skorcha combi, Attack squig, Boss pole, Cybork body, 'eavy armor.

85pts Warphead Wierdboy

TROOPS
1175pts
5 * 235pts - 30 Boyz with Nob (PK and Boss pole) and 3 Big shootas.

ELITE
150pts 10 Lootas.

150pts 10 Lootas.

FAST ATTACK

Not much point in the Warboss here as you're not taking Nobz as troops. Warboss is only a hard hitting unit in assault and you can do assault ok without him. Ditch the Warphead too. Get a Big Mek with KFF to give your Boyz some cover, however Killa Kanz would work ace giving 4+ cover to the Boyz instead of 5+ cover from the KFF.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Do your boyz have shootas or slugga/choppas? I've never done a green tide before, but I understand that the boyz can lay down some impressive fire power with shootas once you get up to 30 boy mobs. In addition, weirdboys are far too unpredictable to be used in a competitive list. I do see some validity in a Warboss even without nob troops in it being a very hard hitting unit in its own right. A KFF or two would likely be the best choice for replacing one or both of your HQ choices.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 mobs of sluggas (gotta love cheap BR orks) and 3 of shootas. I will definetly add atleast 1 KFF. Thanks to all for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts