Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, as i read some list on fórum and speak with people here on my country ive found some contradictions about this:

- Can a painboy join a Green tide formation from turn 1? or do he has to wait to turn 2 to join?, because the rule from Green tide is that they deploy as an only unit. But i think its to specify how the unit Works as all those units on a combined one togheter so any IC can join normally at the start of battle like joining ICs on Astra Militarum combined blobs.

What you know about this? thanks.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The Painboy is an IC.
P166 of the rules, Independent Character

An independent character can begin the game already with a unit, either by being deployed in unit coherency with it or, if the unit is in reserve, by you informing your opponent of which unit it has joined.
That's quite clear and unequivocal. I created and played a legal bound list consisting of a CAD with the Painboy as an HQ and a formation for the Green Tide. As Orks are Battle Brothers according to the allies chart, IC's can join any unit they wish. So there is nothing to say that the Painboy cannot join the unit immediately and deploy with it.

That is my take on the rules, and no one I have met has pointed out anything that states otherwise, however, I am open to any argument to counter it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts