Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, a local has some stuff I might be considering buying, but he's converted one metal model with green stuff and it looks pretty retarded. Is it possible to break off or remove the green stuff either by chipping it off or by using the stripping method?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
You can pull off big chunks easily enough with clippers, and get small bits off with a knife or file.

Depending on what he's done, do as B+K said and take it slow so you don't end up destroying the whole thing by accident.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I salvage some of my old space wolves that i had used copious amounts of green stuff on from when i first started using it, (tried to make some capes, went wrong, looked turd) and i chipped it off slowly with a knife, some tweezers and a sewing needle and it came off completely. i'll just re-iterate the fact to go slow like the other guys have said, and you should be fine, i say go for it!

what model is it by the way?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tips guys! Sorry I didn't reply for awhile, I got distracted with real life :p

That being said, he just used way too much on it and I really didn't feel like spending 2 weeks picking the garbage off.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'm just breaking it away with knives and fingers, i am experienced with this because i once made some horrible greatcoats with GS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts