Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone, I wasn't sure where to put this post but I have a question.
I want to get the new plastic daemon prince when it comes out, and convert it to a greater daemon of khorne, but I am not sure if I should make it bigger with green stuff, any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I don't think that you necessarily need to make it bigger, you just need to work out how you can make it obvious that this is a Bloodthirster and not just a Daemon Prince.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Not necessarily larger but there is a teeny problem

a bloodthirster is rather large. (almost twice the size of a daemon prince, height and width, meaning harder to get cover save) if you were to just convert the smaller prince into a thirster, he would get his cover save easier, but still be a crazy ass monster capable of dominating a game. But now its harder to shoot at.

The best way to fix this would include some base scenery that raises the height of the prince to a thirsters size. or just convert the model itself to be larger.

though no one should really care. good luck

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
you could also try and ruff up his armour as the prince still wears his armour(on the modal not stats wise) so if you file of the armour details and maybe use it as muscle and turn him into a Rob Lifeld drawing!!!
(If you don't know who Rob Lifeld is them be greatful)

·
Registered
90 Posts
^ LOL'D

Yeah forgot about the armour, it will be bothersome to get rid of

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
Not necessarily larger but there is a teeny problem

a bloodthirster is rather large. (almost twice the size of a daemon prince, height and width, meaning harder to get cover save) if you were to just convert the smaller prince into a thirster, he would get his cover save easier, but still be a crazy ass monster capable of dominating a game. But now its harder to shoot at.

The best way to fix this would include some base scenery that raises the height of the prince to a thirsters size. or just convert the model itself to be larger.

though no one should really care. good luck
If you read the OP correctly you would see he wants to get the NEW Daemon Prince, which as is, is roughly twice the size of the old metal Daemon Prince.

Anyway, due to the bigger size of this new DP, and the lovely bitz in its kit you could easily make it up, ensure people know its a Bloodthirster and your sweet.

Grish

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you read the OP correctly you would see he wants to get the NEW Daemon Prince, which as is, is roughly twice the size of the old metal Daemon Prince.

Anyway, due to the bigger size of this new DP, and the lovely bitz in its kit you could easily make it up, ensure people know its a Bloodthirster and your sweet.

Grish
Oh I didn't know that. Never mind then.
but now that means our lovely princes have it tougher to get a cover save D:

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
Oh I didn't know that. Never mind then.
but now that means our lovely princes have it tougher to get a cover save D:
I feel it makes it fit the fluff better as they are DAEMON Princes :p

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
You wouldn't want to model a Greater Daemon to be smaller than the official version, as that would mean you could not use it in games anyway.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
This should be easy convert, use the Fantasy body with Wings and the Axe. A little Green Stuff for the head and WALLA, Blood Thirster. The new DP is full of Converting possibilities.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
with tyhe picture you have show us it could be doable witha little green stuff.

Give him the wings as a Blood Thirster is a flying monster, Give him the axe that gomes with it and you cna also swap out the head and cheat for better suited ones. Then using green stuff round out all the amrour he has to make it's more muscel like with also adding green stuff to his flesh here and there so that he doesn't look like he's go the six pack of Chuck Norris and Arnie combined. After that jsut paint him red and maybe paint or even carve and Khrone icon into his chest and i think you are good to go. Also alot cheaper. Paying £20 instead of £35

1 - 14 of 14 Posts