Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any of these models, and can vouch for their use as IG?

Also, do you think people would object if i used them as IG?

Would they be rejected in tournaments?

They are considerably cheaper than GW models, and money is an issue when considering an IG army.

http://wargamesfactory.com/wargames-factory-store/shock-troops-7x-deal

126 models for $118US delivered worldwide.
Comes with 588 heads
378 weapons
(Includes 42 grenade launchers, 42 flamers, etc)

Here is a review of the models from BoW...

The flamers look easy enough to convert into meltaguns too.

If people think they look acceptable, i think i might buy the pack of 126 and a shitload of Chimeras lol.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
only 1 wargame?, weird I was thinking 40k and secrets of the third reich and any futuristic wargame out there, heck they'd be great in some sort of zombie game.

converting heavy weapons will be harder though.

I'll humbrol spray them sand, mask off squares, spray tank grey, paint armour silver, guns metallic black, eyes orange, wash badab, done.

oh and I wouldn't give a shit if there rejected in tournies, as I have far better things to do than waste of my time at such shitholes.

·
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
only 1 wargame?, weird I was thinking 40k and secrets of the third reich and any futuristic wargame out there, heck they'd be great in some sort of zombie game.

converting heavy weapons will be harder though.
Was only going to use them as MeltaVets and CCS.
Probably wont use any heavy weapons for now.

And yes, they would be awesome in a futuristic zombie defense game.
The same company makes some cool zombie miniatures too.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I wouldn't object to it but in a gw tournament they would probably be rejected
That depends on the tournament. Some formats accept counts as to the point where you can field an entire Ogre army using Rackham's Wolfen minis.

As far as I know, GW stores still don't accept anything non-GW but their official stuff is getting less and less prominent (especially with the rise in awareness of other great minis companies).

By the way, I was pretty sure when I saw those that they were made for IG. Of course, there are other games they'll fit in, but still.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
They are really nice looking models. They look like they would mix very well with the IG box if you wanted to keep the weapons recognisable. They remind of the bad guys in Killzone. I also think their British troops would make excellent preatorians, and I really love their zombie models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a friend that bought a bunch of those since he plays the Steel Legion. The parts fit well with the GW IG bits. Next time I'm over there I'll see if I can snag some pics. :grin:

·
Registered
458 Posts
This is exactly what I need for my traitor guard! Ive been looking for somthing like this for a while now. Great find!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have some of these. I bought the 57 troop deal. They are nice models. The neck joints are a bit odd, but a slight trim, and your off and running. Weapons are nice, with plenty of options. There are plenty of head options, my favorite are the SS-esque helmets with gasmasks and blastshields. The models assemble ok, however, the left hand doesn't match the weapon very well. My biggest complaint, is the "army men" style bases that come on wargames factory minis. It's not a big problem, as the way I base covers them up easily. Removing the base may be difficult, if not dangerous. Overall, I like them anyhow. Nice models, plenty of options, and a damn good price. I'm using them as an expansion for my traitor guard, or a start up for a death korp army. I'll decide eventually.:grin:

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I wouldn't object to it but in a gw tournament they would probably be rejected
Good thing these mythical things don't exist here.

I am, and I know several other guard players in my area using them to bulk out their armies.
Yes, they will still need to get heavy weapons and so on if they want to do a 'proper' krieg-type army, but that's fine (or they can try scratchbuilding a quad launcher).

Several fantasy players are using the Mantic Kings of War elves for HE in WHFB because they dislike the hydrocephalic-ness of ALL GW models (it's forgivable on the generally retarded humans in the game, and monsters, but elves are supposed to be prettier and lithe spirits.)

Were I to take up fantasy, I know I would. It almost makes the game cost-effective.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Ah, but where's the challenge in that?
If I wanted a nebelwerfer, I could just buy one.

Now, a quad launcher is a modelling project. Besides, I'm half way through building a modular one (carriage will take a thudd OR a heavy mortar).

But I'm using the WF plastic BLI (pith helmets) with the shocktroopers to make Praetorians.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts