Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I've not played DOW: Retribution. I bought it, but I could never get it to work...:(

But that quote 'some say' reminded me of the stig from top gear :laugh:
"Some say, he surfs tyranid hierophants in his spare time... and that his waaagh powered beliefs are so great that he can sneeze bullets..."
It'd probably be more Orky to call the 40k version "The Squig" though. And obviously his suit and helmet would be red instead of white. :laugh:

It's a pity you didn't get it to work though. To me the Ork campaign and their antics made it worthwhile on their own.

Reactions: CJay

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
On a serious note though, if someone did want to write about these void whales, are there any descriptions other than being thousands of miles long and having their own ecosystems? I can hardly imagine a super sized Free Willy cruising through the void while swallowing crap.

If I could rep you again I would :)
Your tea covered desk is evidence enough that my efforts are not wasted.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
In 877.M41, a hideously mutated Void Whale emerged from the Warp and was destroyed by a boarding party of Space Wolves led by Engir Krakendoom. Battling their way through Remora, Engir and his Wolves planted thermal charges deep within the creature's vital organs and escaped before it exploded. The Perillian Gas Belt was born from its remains.[1]

From lexicanum.

Obviously, it had the be the wolves codex. They probably slept with all the remora women too. :headbutt:

Thats it afaik

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Wouldn't it be cool if their was a space dragon?
Honestly this seems like a silly notuion supporting a silly thread. Nice debate on Monsterous creatures but there is a reason why LOTR is LOTR and 40k is Warhammer 40k. Very different worlds with different happenings, stories, characters, and ways things are done.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Is there any mention of the Dragon of Mars the Emperor fought?? It just seems all I can find on the usual links is that he defeated a dragon on mars that could be the Void Dragon.

Also C-tan look humanoid, would the void dragon even look like a beast or would he just be a different skinned C-tan looking creature?

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Oh diddums (not you CJay) would somebody like their nappy changed? I have some sandpaper at the ready.

In an entire Galaxy of planets it is not outside bounds of possibility to imagine a "dragon" type creature being present on one or more of those worlds. Depending of planetary conditions "mega" life is not unheard of, look at the history of our planet, when Dinosaur's roamed the earth there was one that was 120 feet long and weighed 100 tonne and that's just on our planet. On Fenris you have Kraken which exceed that. Whether they are space capable or not is again not outsides the bounds of possibility, there is no law in 40k that stops an organic creature being capable of intersteller travel.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
there is no law in 40k that stops an organic creature being capable of intersteller travel.
That's pretty common in ALL scifi, star trek/wars (not saying they are the same), dead space (albeit zombies), etc.

Why is a creature that breathes fire out of the realm of possibility there are a crap ton of chemicals that react to air violently. There's a species of beetle that shoots boiling liquid out of it's rear, can't remember if it's a sepret system or part of an existing system.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts