Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Heretics, I was recently impressed by a mini I saw- It had a rather metallic-looking red all over it, but I'm unsure as to how I would go about doing a "Metallic"-looking red. Should I do washes over a metallic? Somehow learn NMM with colors? Something else? A tutorial on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
GW paints. Depending on what shade you're after:

Boltgun metal w/ 4-6 coats of Baal Red wash.
-Gives a really gore coloured shine. If you're thinking of Khorne...this goes well with KB.

Chainmail w/5-7 coats of Baal Red wash.
-Gives a very strong red. Looks fantastic when paired with white.

Mithril Silver w/6-8 coats of Baal red wash.
-Gives a blatent shiny red. Great if you want an army that stands out from the usual 'dark' armies.

Mithril Silver w/3-4 coats of Baal red wash.
-gives you a red-tinged silver.

--------------------------------------

This process works well with blue. I used Blue on my DE and the second Red technique on my up coming Wordbearers. It's not the best red ever, but it makes painting larger units easier.

(I was finishing batches of 20 DE warriors in about 2 hours)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would a red ink work better? I ordered one from my FLGS.

I've experimented using gold though. I think it looks a bit better than the "cooler" metals. Thanks though. I might pick up the other metals to try them out.

·
Registered
583 Posts
well if you want an actual metallic red, you could use wraith's tut on how he did his TSons just replace blue for red :)

if you want the NMM they have in the pic.... sorry i cant help you there.... i personally dont like it because it looks semi-cartoony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts