Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at trying to make graveyard earth from the paints I already have.

I'm painting up a traitor chimera and would like the paintscheme to look a bit like parchment a bit like this. I went into my gw and was told that graveyard earth was a good base to build up from. Trouble is I have no use for it beyond three tanks so would like to synthesise my own.

I have at my disposal the following citadel paints:
Vomit brown, snakebite leather, sunburst yellow, fiery orange, ultramarines blue, enchanted blue, boltgun metal, chainmail, tin bitz, chaos black, skull white, goblin green, DA green, red gore, tentacle pink, shadow grey, codex grey and bleached bone

I also have foundy paints:
tallaran flesh, hormagaunt purp and iyaden darksun

I was thinking of mixing codex grey and bleached bone for the base and then bleached bone with vomit brown for the parchment but am unsure of ratios. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers in advance guys!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I don't understand, are you trying to paint a Graveyard's Earth, or trying to mix for the colour paint Graveyard Earth?

I'm confused why you can't just buy some :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have to agree with the last response. If you are going to be painting up 3 tanks than its a very small investment.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went and mixed red gore with snakebite leather to make a much deeper brown then I used codex grey to lighten it up/thin it out and a touch of chaos black for good measure. Here are the results in case people are interested. More pics are available in my log. Not quite as I wanted initially but I'm really happy with the results especially as its only a base colour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts