Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
They'll probably screw the codex up just like the last few.
Asdrubael Vect and Kruellagh the Vile in the same list, and so on and so forth.
Crap.
I do hope they throw in the Solitaire with a Harlequin squad for the DE tho...

·
Registered
228 Posts
i'm massively ambigous about this. on one hand they deserve the love and some unts fixing.

on the other hand a bunch of noobs will start filling the shops up by trying to play the only truly elite 40k army. And i'm worried that they'll destroy the epic units and buff all the good ones, in an attmept to boost sales.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i know right but i think he took way too many wyche squads on foot.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
He's just being nice. No need to troll ;)

But yeah, this'd be more appropriate in Gen 40k.

But i also hope for you guys' sake, that the changes are good; and you wont get a shit load of new people bringing down DE.

Kudos to you guys for waiting so long!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
and some people did comment nicely, :)

·
Registered
924 Posts
:( i was just being nice. I posted this here because this is the DE army list page, hoping that the vet DE players would see it.
We did, and we thank you for the thought.
Well, those of us who aren't unmitigated pricks, anyway.
I'm still afraid the army that got me into the game in the first place is about to be irrevocably screwed, tho...

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
I'm still afraid the army that got me into the game in the first place is about to be irrevocably screwed, tho...
Its your turn pointy eared scum, Chaos gets shafted every other Dex release.

I hope the new DE book is good to you all.

You will get lots of people jumping on the BandRaider but annoying as it is the up side is cheap second hand stuff when they can't play with DE or get bored.

As to if this belongs in this forum, I don't think so, but I will leave it up to the forum Mod to decide.

·
Registered
228 Posts
We did, and we thank you for the thought.
Well, those of us who aren't unmitigated pricks, anyway.
QUOTE]

does that include me? as i did post something helpful first then was a prick :)

at least we'll have new models if nothing els, if it sucks i'll continue to use the old one for a while.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Its your turn pointy eared scum, Chaos gets shafted every other Dex release.

I hope the new DE book is good to you all.

You will get lots of people jumping on the BandRaider but annoying as it is the up side is cheap second hand stuff when they can't play with DE or get bored.

As to if this belongs in this forum, I don't think so, but I will leave it up to the forum Mod to decide.
Ya, now everything is "Black Legion" (even though it isn't, really); I hate the way the new codices are geared toward mix-and-match with special characters and Chapter/ Craftworld abilities.
Destroys the flavour of the armies.
It's like putting mayo on a nice rare steak... screws it up.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Its always an ambiguous thing with new dex's, yes you get cool new stuff, but sometimes shit can happen and the "rare steak" or chaos gets ruined.

I got into DE recently, simply because i love the idea of a purely "evil" (aka fun loving) race! Also, i love how everything is so fragile, but fast, and the amazing ability to out manoeuvre the enemy!! (i was used to templars...smash and grab). Ive gotten to love em, and when i heard about the new dex i was really excited....

...until....

...i heard rumours that the evil would be toned down and the gladiatorial stuff tuned up...not happy...

...what do you guys think about this??

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
At the end of it, the new codex is going to have to be very shit to stop me playing DE.

I've collected them since they were released, and I reckon it won't be too much of a change. I sincerely doubt we will be able to run as many Dark lances as before, and the Raider/Ravager spam will be toned down a little.

This in itself is a good thing, as I would like to finally have a reason to change my tactics. Having smashed through 3 rule books with the same strategy.

I think our Archons can say goodbye to their 2+ inv shadowfield. as a 4+/3++ or the other way (same as an Autarch) looks more likely.
The new characters will be interesting, especially The Solitaire and Arhras (assuming they are in).
I'm hoping we have a Vyper equivilant, as this will make an interesting addition.

Expecting a Strong Outflank/infiltrate unit other than Mandrakes, unless of course mandrakes get souped up.

And please, a plastic Archon model. Please.
And Plastic warriors that look like the ones of the current codex cover.

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
All I can say is we will see alot of young players jump on the new guys bandraider and then give up when they realise they are T3 and 5+ armour with no boltgun and have to use tactics to win, but hey I look forward to it means more flavour to peoples opponents to those who unlike myself have around 6 DE player in store who are greatly anticipating it and are almost the dominant race in the store!

Orochi I don't see them loosing shadowfield though, that's like saying eldar can't have a farseer!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'd like to see the Shadowfield stay, as well as Drazhar, Kruellagh, Hesperax and Vect.
I don't want to see the characters from rival Kabals having the option of working together.
I don't want some writer to say, "Wych armies rule!!!11!11one1!" and write a 'dex geared almost completely around that type.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I so hope they dont but they probz will screw over the awesomness of ravagers , i would like warriors to actually be manouverable . Also ill be very sad to lose a good bonus for playing DE , there look of suprise on your opponants face when u take out your army , and there like woh i though DE players were extinct . lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts