Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, wondering if these ideas appeal to anyone?

GT's always seem to wonder over time ALOT, and with only watches to keep it going it dont help, so why not do like the irish poker open did, on the white screen they put up for the results on occasions, maybe stick a countdown clock set to 2 hours on there, and make sure some loud stuff goes off for when times up!

Why not also show on that board the top 2 tables fighting it out, ive seen those digital webcams on tripods before, so why not hook 2 up, and have 2 screens showing the stats of the current match, the picture of the match, and whats going down, i know this would require 2 laptops, and 2 new projector boards, but with the entry fee, it might be worth it

And in the final, it would be nice to have one board, center of the entire hall, cornered off from everyone except the players, the championship trophy, and a personal referee for that match, along with a webcam view of the entire match, play by play, all the stats, times, everything, making it look like it should, the biggest, baddest match on the whole weekend!

these may sound farfecthed, but if at all possible, i would like to contact the events team, and meet up personally to try and see these ideas come through, it would make the grand tournaments look more like a championship than a friendly tournament, the emphasis would always be on an enjoyable game, but it hypes it up in the process!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Well if you go to the GW webiste and then naviagate to the warhammer world mini site/blog Brian Aderson's contact details are there for you to email dude.

·
Registered
630 Posts
A few decent Ideas you've got there Peter, I've been screwed on the top table before on a time Issue so I'd be all for a timer of some description.
Brian browses these very forums so you never now you might get some feedback....

·
Registered
966 Posts
torgoch said:
I've made it up to table 1 twice and can categorically statei don't want to be on TV!
your right Alex, i don't think anyone would like to see you on TV!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like your ideas but with a shown timer some f****r will use it to slow play... But a buzzer or something to go off would be a good idea! and as for the table one thing it seems like a bit much, Then they may feel pressured and also you have no guarantee they will win and you could have 3+ people on 3 wins round 5 so the winner could come from another table. But nice thoughts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.