Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to Daemonhunters but would like to add some into my SWs force to use there rule-bending goodies. Namely mystics and ignore-eternal warrior FWs. So currently I'm planning on adding 2 squads in at 2000+ points, in the form of:

Grand master
w/ 4 termies, Ungeunts of warding, sacred incense

And
Inquisitor
w/ 3 mystics, 3 veterans with plama guns, Rhino w/ smokes

So, people who play Daemonhunters, what builds should I use?
And how should they be used? Do the termies need a LR, or can they get away with DSing?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ungents of Warding is useless, as you already have the Agesis special rule for Grey Knights that stops the majority of psychic power affecting you.

However a Psychic hood is a good buy as normally its the powers that people cast on themselves (Warptime,Fortune, Unleash rage etc) that will piss you off. Also due to fluky old rules like NFW, the Daemonhunters psychic hood can be used everytime and has unlimited range :).

As to their method of transport, most people see GKT coming towards them and shoot the crap out of them. Only deepstrike them if there is nothing nasty aiming at them (Demlosiher cannons, Plas spam, Fire prisms etc.), transporting them in the landraider is the safe option.

Most importantly of all, remeber that a GM retinue has the flukey "retinue" rule which means he is in effect the squad sergeant and cannot be picked out as an independant charector! (Like orks hiding the Power claw in a mob, you can hide a GM in his retinue)

Scared Incense is a v.good choice if you face chaos regularly :) If you have the points Icon of the Just to imporve his Inv+ may come in useful, but is very expensive for the points. Mastercrafted NFW has also come in useful if your knocking around for points, However the best upgrade is swapping one of your SB/NFW termies for TH/SS. Even though we have the old crap Storm sheild, the ThunderHammer is invaluable for Tanks/MC/Badasses (Lysander, Deciever etc.)

As to your Inq.Loadouts, I either run a Inq. with Plasma cannons and mystics (as above but minus the transport) and try to keep them as central on the board as possible so they can shoot as many deepstrikers/targets as possible, or run the Inq. with a couple of mystics in a transport near your heavy hitters( Long fangs or Vindicators work superbly) so that as soon as an enemy deepstrikes you can blitz them. To dual role him, I also give him a psychic hood for psychic defence.

Hope that was useful.....

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Inq Lord w Psycannon, Psychic hood
2x Mystic (no need for 3),1 Sage, 2 Gun Serv w HB and 1 Gun Serv with Plasma Cannon

This squad is all about utility. It pisses off any enemy thinking of using psychic powers because if your Lord is sitting back in cover, he probably can't kill it and the hood extends the entire board.

Few would risk deepstriking against this unit since your Mystics let you fire on them, or let anyone within 12" fire on them. That can mean their DS unit could be dead before it even hits the ground. Unless it can assault that round, theres little chance they will survive another round of shooting.

The Gun Servitors have a poor save but if you keep them in cover they should be alright. You can even add another Sage if you like to reroll the Gets Hot on the Plasma Cannon if you like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts