Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took a bit of searching, but I've gathered up the pics of the new VC stuff that has surfaced so far. Something tells me Xander is going to enjoy this ;)

Starting of with a mounted vampire, some rumors claim this to be the new Manfred model (all von Carstein are suppossed to get a mini: Manfred, Vlad and Konrad)

Next up are the are the PLASTIC! graveguard, appearantly GW might be doing (almost) the entire VC range in plastic to see if there is enough interest for that approach for future projects.

And finally the...well, opinions are still divided on this one. Some people think its a Strigoi, other say it is a new thing (bears great resemblance to one of John Blanche's pieces) and finally I for one qould not be suprised if this is a giant bat variant or a vampire in batform (so not necessarily a Strigoi). Well whatever it is, it is a beauty!

So enjoy guys, I for one look forward to this. Not to do a new army right away as I'll have no time for yet another project. But a box of those graveguards would be a great 'in between other crap'-project!

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Oh those models are oh so hot! If thats what the VonC models are going to look like then god only knows how cool the Blood Dragon ones are going to be like.

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed! From what I understand ghouls are getting new (plastic?) mini, von Carnsteins and Blood Dragons are getting revamped. No word on the other bloodlines so far.

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New pics of Manfred, not sure it fits with how I imagined him to look. Still a very nice mini;

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I like the change from the classical "Dracula" look to something a bit more unique for the vampires. It looks more evil, I think. As he was previously (and currently, I suppose) the Von Carstein line just looked like a slightly foppish... I don't know. For whatever reason, I never found vampires in their classical form (i.e. the usual depiction of Dracula) all that intimidating. I'd be a bit more concerned if I ran into the new sculpt in a dark alley, I think.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Thats a great model for Manfred it looks powerful

·
Mohawk-Wearing Crazyman
564 Posts
Holy moley, those are sweet!

This comes right when I'm on the fence about starting up a Warhammer FB army, too.

God, decisions need to be made...

·
Registered
49 Posts
And finally the...well, opinions are still divided on this one. Some people think its a Strigoi, other say it is a new thing (bears great resemblance to one of John Blanche's pieces) and finally I for one qould not be suprised if this is a giant bat variant or a vampire in batform (so not necessarily a Strigoi). Well whatever it is, it is a beauty!

Looks like it could make a nice chaos spawn with some conversion, a few tentacles here, a horn there...

Also, Blood Dragons FTW!!! Dont diss the WS10!!!

Blood Dragons r :king:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
NIIICE models! Grumble... cash burning hole in pocket already....
Heh, warhammer always gets the best new models!!! YAY.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ooh .... these almost tempt me to start a Vampire Counts army when the new 'dex comes! Must ... Resist ... must ... ah I give in ... somebody give me blood.

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Time for even more pics of even more new stuff:

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Back with more stuff :wink:

The flying thing is a Varghulf (new unit) which is suppossed to be seriously bad-ass. So far the rumors are 28=*trebuchter cost +5 points ;) Rare choice, rumored to be in the direction of 200 points :pinch:

The corpse cart is new and is suppossed to have an effect on the undead in its area. Core unit, cheap and does not count towards minimal number of core units. Idea so far is that it will be some sort of bound spell allowing for to hit re-rolls of undead. Other say it allows unit to hit first (kinda like one of the current spells). Rumored 40-60 points.

The blood knights finally are appearantly one the level on khornate chosen knights, but then with lances and some special blood dragon rules. Rare choice, pegasus knight cost.

Further rumors include a full range of new vampire minis, big load of special characters (all with new sculpts) and various units getting new or plastic kits. Dire wolves and ghouls have both been hinted at being redone. Lost track of all the rumors of the special characters (more on those in a day or so)

The armylist so far (not fixed or entirely rooted in reality :wink:)
LORDS
Vampire Count
Mannfred (old)
Vlad

HEROES
Isabella
Konrad
Mannfred (Young)
Vampire Thrall
Wight Kings
Necromancer

CORE
Skeletons
Zombies
Ghouls
Bat Swarms
Dire Wolves
Corpse Cart

SPECIAL
Grave Guard
Black Knights
Fell Bats
Spirit Hosts

RARE
Black Coach
Wraiths (Banshee Champions)
Knights of the Blood Keep
Varghulf

MAGIC

Again, just rumors. But by the looks of it the VC magic is taking a bit of a hit.

Necromany: spell 0 invocation every caster has it cast on a 3+ heals d6 wounds to an undead unit can be recast again and again. Rumors state that this spell can be used army wide, so spreading out the recovered wounds over various units.

- spell 1 summon zombies he couldn't remember level summons d6 +4 zombies so you are guarenteed at least 5.
- spell 2 vanhels danse 7+ as stated from blood keep
- spell 3 gaze of nagash (same as before)
- spell 4 curse of years (same as before?)
- spell 5 wind of death 12+ every enemy unit takes a wound on a 4+ don't know if it ignores armor creats spirit host base 12" from caster
- spell 6 summon zombie horde 12+ raises
5d6 +4 zombies this is the summon new unit spell.

UNITS:

Zombies
- only unit you can raise but whatever that number is thats the highest it goes can only heal from there so spell 6 will be our new unit raising spell where as spell 1
is for redirecting charges. Also they do not count for victory points. So no more skeleton units from hell, just khemri style repair spells on them.

Necromancers
- cheaper and lvl 1 wizards

Vampire thralls
- just called vampires base cost 100 pts
and are lvl 1 wizards can be upgraded to lvl 2 for points possibly vamp powers??
- rumors of vampires being effected by undead rules (loose wounds in cc), but all should have acces to armour and various regeneration items.
- lord version count is rumored to be completely gone
- master necromancers are also rumored to be gone (no big loss there)
- rumors on bloodline powers are sketchy at best, they're suppossed to still be there. But nobody seems to want to tell us how many are left. The rumors so far state that the basic vampire is pretty optionless and that BL powers buy you option. So blodd dragon allow you to take armour, barding, heavy weapons etc.....
So they BL powers appear to have been made a bit simpler, but if what I've read out there is true they still pretty much give you the option for all the old bloodlines!

Wraiths and banshee
- rumored to be combined into a larger ghost unit

Black Knights
- still in the army
- rumored to get etheral steeds (no idea or this is default or an option)

Wight kings
- rumored to have become ougher

Skeletons
- 7 points a model and come with light armor and shield

Overall are core are cheaper but magic taken a hit basically we won't have as many free power dice but if the corpse cart bound spell is true for healing zombies we might be ok. It is also rumored that there will be a bound spell capable of repairing wights.

And finally even more pics:

Spearhead

Ghouls

Dire Wolves

Wights

Armybook cover

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I cannot wait for this revamp. I have been playing the counts for about 8 years now and the army has been getting a bit redundant. hopefully these changes will add a bit more of a flair to my army.

·
Registered
368 Posts
OK so i've seen the skele's and the grave guard and they all look great. The von carstines are brilliant, the lemian is ok but nothing special and the strigoi is all right if you like them loads you shouldnt have a problem with the way they look now (after all its a massive improvement on the old models). The wolves and ghouls are meh. Maybe it's just the way they are painted that i dont like. The corpse cart is well... exactly what it says on the tin. But where are the necrarcs? There my favorite of all the bloodlines. No pics anywhere i go on. Anyone know different?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts