Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to Gotham City. It's a sign just on the city's boarder along a road going into it. day after day countless people go to and from Gotham along this road, and with those countless people, countless vehicles of all shapes and sizes, all makes and models. but one vehicle in particular was carrying a very special delivery several weeks ago, it was a delivery for the police department for more tear gas and pepper spray for a city that seemed to go through it like candy just before a visit to the dentist for a good and proper teeth cleaning. this delivery was well received and put straight into the confines of the armory. outwardly the members of the police department hoped they would never have to use it... but they knew all too well they'd be cracking open those boxes and tossing those grenades before the week was through. it was just after a long and dangerous Halloween where all the crazies decided to come out of the wood work, most of them now locked away in arkham asylum, that the first crate was cracked open. a riot down near the court house broke out... but dispite being prepared, not a single canister of gas was thrown. a week goes by and another riot breaks out at the zoo. again, the riot dispersed before the cops had to resort to gas. it was now early into December and the annual Gotham snow storms started to roll in per the norm. that's when it hit. a rather dangerous riot broke out at Gotham University... and this time the police used the gas, throwing dozens of grenades into the mob that was protesting. but what could be so significant about a few grenades of gas? only time and the news would tell.

the riot ended in catastrophe, over 86 rioters lay dead from the gas and a hundred more lay in the hospital in critical condition. the news reported that somehow the police's tear gas was replaced without their knowledge with nerve gas, but even that wasn't the case, and no one would come to grips with what had happened for another week.

In science there is generally regarded as a single big bang. in criminal psychology there are considered two, though the efforts of the maniacs of Gotham and the other super villains not withstanding... the one that created the universe, and the one used to describe a particularly nasty gang war's violent end. Gotham however just received a taste of it's own big bang, because in those canisters, those grenades thrown by the police to quell the riot, a highly unstable and refined plasma was mixed in... a plasma that was known to kill many whoever inhaled it.

A few days after the riot at the university the news reports an attack on the hospital and blaims the joker who is seen being carted away having turned himself in looking dissapointed. there was no fight, no epic battle with batman to save hostages... the joker simply arived, became dissapointed and turned himself in though the news and police still blame him for the attack on the hospital... what really happened? if anyone knows they aren't talking to anyone about it. but not long after, new villains started showing up in Gotham with strange powers and bizarre gimmicks. and while Gotham already has a protector... the batman cant be everywhere at once...

So it comes down to the police, and those few good citizens still left in gotham to do something about it. the question though is who made the swap with the grenades? and what does it all mean?

=============================================================================

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Gotham: Arkham Nightmare. this is of course taking place in the Arkhamverse made popular by the games as hinted at via the title.

So first things first:

The Roll of Batman/Robbin/Nightwing is first come first serve and you've got to prove to me via an PM example of roleplay that you can in fact do it right. you have to submit not only a character card for the character but PM me with an example of RP as the character, say a fight with the penguin or whoever, better yet a bit of stalking and detective work leading up to clobbering a few goons, before i will consider you for the part. dont be hurt if i dont choose you, keep an OC in mind just as a backup.

The Plasma mentioned is actually "Q juice". Think super mutagen with unpredictable results and a good chance it will kill you in the process. Recommend anyone thinking of playing Bats do a bit of recherche on the stuff and related materiel. I understand there may be some complaints about me including this, that i may be comping out or being unimaginative... but i'd say i'ts fairly on par with comics... doubt me on this? do a bit of reading into the flash. he has one enemy in there that he just scolds and tells to take some pills to defeat him. no fighting, no pow bang boom just... "reggie, you're off your pills again aren't you? ... reggie. you're wearing the suit again." and bam super villain bit over. wish i was joking but i'm not.

Timeline: Let me put it this way, Joker is not dead and he's not being poisoned by his own blood. so this takes place before the game Arkham Asylum. if i just comitted a taboo and ruined the ending of a few games for you i would say i'm sorry but you've had plenty of time to play and beat them. it's like ruining the ending to starwars a new hope.... you've had time.

please be creative. all i'm gonna say on that.

I can start this shindig if i get at least 3 people, but more are welcome. also dont be "that guy" and join and then leave and never show up again... seriously... dont do it.
===========================================================================

Username:
Name:
Alias: (ie hero name. if you're a cop leave this blank... or you could put Pig or doughnut gobbler....}
Appearance 1: Esentialy your Civilian clothing
Appearance 2: your Hero uniform. if you happen to be a cop under Gordon, describe your uniform.
Powers: Q juice just went boom, it's plausible that you could have been exposed to it. but you'd be at new hero status so you'd just be getting the hang of things. if you can fly, it's likely you'll hit a street light or two... possibly three and the billboard behind it a few times. good example of this is first time for superman he jumped, rather high and didn't realize he was flying. he then willed himself subconsciously downwards and forgot... or rather didn't know how to land and crashed. you will upgrade your powers throughout the RP so start small. let yourself build up. for batman inc just list gadgets and stuff that should be superpowers here.
History:

============================================================================
Approved Characters:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

·
Banned
1,442 Posts
Right, so bear in mind that this is constructive criticism, and I'm not just trying to destroy your idea.

The title got my attention, but when I actually looked at the thread, the poorly formatted wall of text immediately put me off, and it was a struggle to actually read it all. Just take the time to format your work, to make it look good.

For example, formatted in the way I would do it, your first section would look like this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome to Gotham City"

It's a sign that rests just on the edge of the city, standing alone by a road that sees countless cars drive into the city everyday, countless people coming and going.

Yet on this particular day, there is one particular vehicle driving into the city of Gotham. An armoured van that carried the Gotham Police Departments latest delivery of tear gas grenades, and pepper spray. Welcomed by a Police Department that burnt through the stuff like it was nothing, the precious tear gas and pepper spray was moved into the Armoury. None of the Police Officers watching doubted that they would need another delivery soon.

It was All Hallow's Eve where trouble first started, when the madmen of Gotham took it upon themselves to walk the streets at night. And yet when the Police arrived at the scene, there was no need to deploy the tear gas. Barely two days later, a riot broke out at Gotham City Zoo, and once more the Police prepared themselves. Yet again, the trouble dispersed before tear gas or pepper spray was needed.

It was when Winter had tightened it's grip upon Gotham, as December rolled in, that chaos ensued at the Gotham University. Rushing to the scene, the Gotham Police Force quickly unloaded their arsenal and started using the tear gas and pepper spray to break up the riot. Nothing was thought of it, until the smoke cleared away and the news cameras started rolling.

~~~~~~~~

All I really did there was break up the big block of text and clear up some of the wording. Which do you think looks better?

Just take some time when you are writing the Recruitment Post, as it often decides whether or not people will show any interest.

·
Reaper of Souls
1,303 Posts
Same as with Romero, this is just constructive criticism.

When writing a recruitment post, please make sure you check back over it before posting. Less than half of the sentence starters were capitalized. I don't know about others, but for me at least that makes reading the recruitment a chore rather than an interesting experience. The recruitment needs to impress people but the main opening part of this one, well to be quite frank I skipped right over it. I've seen your rps before and though I haven't joined any of them for a while almost all of them had a nice solid overarching plot, the npcs were believable and you put the characters into situations that tested the skill of the rper and gave them plenty to write about. If you had more people joining, maybe they would do better. But the rushed appearance of the recruitment has turned me right off this one, despite the promising appearance of the rest of it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts