Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

which one

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
you see ive been planning to get daemons as my new army but i feel myself being magneticly pulled towards blood angels ill explain my problem with pros and cons i just cant decide maybe u can

daemons pros

they look awesome
i love everything nurgle
they all deepstrike? no problem getting em where i want em first turn
great unclean one nuff said
there not marine
can be used for fantasy

cons
i hear there unforgiving
deepstriking misshaps
no 2+ saves what the ........ :ireful2:
i am to close to the low armour save armies and dont want another ( tyranids orks tau )

angels pros
death company is one of my favourite paint schemes
vampires awesome
and well dreads as a troops choice
i love :crazy: units
i have acsess to alot of awesome things e.g drops pods and landraiders

cons
there marines and i have taken a vow ( not realy) never to use space marines though i did slip and collect chaos i think aslong as there not ultra smurfs i can chance it
ill add more later

so vote away

if u can post and tell em you point of view and help me decide this poll doesnt dictate just gives me a good idea

·
Registered
5 Posts
Voted for Demons.

I myself am a very con-Space Marines guy. Never got the whole awesome thing, that apparently a lot of other people have.

One of my mates play Demons, and to his experiences:
Deepstrike misshaps: Not as common as Deepstrikes-of-awesomeness.
Bad armor save: Counter-able, with some cover planning etc
Unforgiving: Well I would say most armies are at some point.

So personally, I would go for the Demons. They seem alot more fun than Space Marines to me aswell.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Blood Angels are a excellent force to use, thoguh i'm not sure i can compare them to Daeomns (As i have never used them) I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed by BA or DC

Consider my vote a fangirl trying to get more people to follow BA

SGMAlice

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Daemons:

Pros:awesomely fluffy, great new models, and people won't bitch about you being op'ed.

Cons: Will never be called op'ed.

Blood angels:

Pros: I got nothin.

Cons:golden nipple armor.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Daemons don't have poor armour saves BECAUSE THEY'RE FREAKIN INVUL SAVES!!

sorry that is my favorite part of daemons you can go to a tourny where people are all set for transport armies and mech armies and vehicle this and that and then BOOM "AP 2? NOOOO- lol jk I'm daemons get my save no matter what"

then you have nurgle army of "rofl I have 4+ invul...damn I failed one...rofl I have 4+ FNP" they PISS ME OFF!!!!! Also I must agree with Putch it sucks to be "That one (enter new army here) player" trust me I have to deal with that shit constantly even though I played SW before the update I've had people not play me because I play SW

·
Registered
100 Posts
Daemons, they're just too cool

Too many people play Blood Angels, gets old after a while and when your playing them. Go up against another player who uses them, and then another and then...ALL HAIL NECRONS!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Blood angels are strong, but if you go in for a game at your FLGS or what have you, you might be greeted by, "Oh man, ANOTHER BA guy!" Trust me. It happens.
Strangely... I'm the only one at my local :p

SGMAlice

·
Registered
454 Posts
BA, best pro I can think of: Their Codex is brand new, this means you'll have the army you get for a long time without any modifications (which by GW standards could be quite some time!).

So I'd go for BA.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Daemons don't have poor armour saves BECAUSE THEY'RE FREAKIN INVUL SAVES!!

sorry that is my favorite part of daemons you can go to a tourny where people are all set for transport armies and mech armies and vehicle this and that and then BOOM "AP 2? NOOOO- lol jk I'm daemons get my save no matter what"

then you have nurgle army of "rofl I have 4+ invul...damn I failed one...rofl I have 4+ FNP" they PISS ME OFF!!!!! Also I must agree with Putch it sucks to be "That one (enter new army here) player" trust me I have to deal with that shit constantly even though I played SW before the update I've had people not play me because I play SW
Not after they taste the sweet blade of a Grey Knight Grand Master nemesis force weapon....

I would go with the Blood Angels... For two reasons, they are loyal to the god Emperor, and secondly, they are not daemons...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Option c:

None of the above.

I loathe both of those armies and would never choose either.
Besides, you took your oath to not do a PA army and then broke it with csm.

Take Ultrasmurfs and confirm the hypocrisy.

:D
it was a moment of weakness the oath was not to take space marines

also

I would go with the Blood Angels... For two reasons, they are loyal to the god Emperor, and secondly, they are not daemons...

you just described 2 cons

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I had to vote Blood Angels just because Nurgle isn't what he used to be, in either Chaos Daemons 40k or fantasy. The difference in toughness doesn't mean as much anymore, the basic troops don't have enough punch to win the day, and Epidemus lists simply don't work against Imperial Guard. In fact, it's pretty much IG that's put Nurgle out of business.

Don't get me wrong, I play Chaos Daemons and I really like them, but Tzeentch or Slaanesh would be a better pairing for Khorne. A mono-Khorne list can also work well, although you won't have any shooting.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
He isn't telling you what your list is; he is telling you what your list should be.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
You will do well to listen to some of the older posters, they know their shit.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts