Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k I got this problem I've been in the hobby a year yet I have about 5 armies though none of them are big I cant stick with any of them there just not the right one for me I need someone to help me for the right one

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Well, do you prefer the idea of Close combat anihilation? Or destruction from affar!?

Think about what models/fluff/tactics you think are great...

If theres not one army that interests you much... Maybe it's the game that bores you :\ Not the army. before you buy your next army, Really take into consideration what you LIKE, What you think is cool.

In the end, the armies are s'posed to be evenly matched, and all equally powerful (although not always seen in practice) I'm sure thats the idea.

So go based on what you like, not on what you think will work.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know the game is really fun when I play it but I cant seem to stick with the same army
well I know the army I absolutely love model and fluff wise are necrons but everyone tells me there really bad so never started them

and to your first question love a lot of fire power really awesome weapons fluff wise and normal I don't mind cc but I really don't like running after the enemy and then loosing 20 models(from experience from orks and nids)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Tried Tau? IG? They're your Shooty armies. Tau are very high-tech, cliche-science fiction firepower... IG are your Supersized Human Army...

If you appreciate modern tanks. Imagine them 6 times bigger, with 400times more firepower; and you roughly have 1 Heavy Support slot of your IG filled.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well ive already got tau infact im on them there pretty cool

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Build up to a 1,500 point list, play them 5 times. See what happens.

I say this under the impression that you aren't so affected by costs. Obviously if you have to work for the cash, slowly work your way up! Bigger games are more fun.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not so much im 14 and get £40 a month sometimes bonuses so i have quite a bit of money

anyway i have been hinting at necrons

·
Registered
87 Posts
not so much im 14 and get £40 a month sometimes bonuses so i have quite a bit of money

anyway i have been hinting at necrons
The Necrons are fairly cheap to build up and are one of the tougher armies in the game but it's really down to personal preference, no one can really tell you which army to use, they all have the strengths and weaknesses

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Well then, every so often put some aside to expand tau, and Get some things you like the look of and READ THE FLUFF.

Nothing more awesome than reading about a war your army had, and how they completely owned some other race.

EDIT: Oh and yeah, i forgot i was going to say, Necrons aren't weak, but their effective tactics are slightly limited; mainly pointing towards Destroyers. (Correct me if i'm wrong!)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i do read the fluff i love that one when the nids invaded the tau and then those necrons showed up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts