Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here's my 1st test model with red power armour...

Base of Mephiston red, followed by a wash of heavily watered down Rhinox hide, followed by another layer of Mephiston red, washed with Carroburg crimson then a light drybrush of Mephiston red, (highlights to come tommorow when my eyes aren't tired!)

What do we all think? :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, 'this the season Jace!

Had an evening without the girlfiend so cracked a beer, put Iron Maiden on and did some modelling!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Jace It's coming along, steadily but not at a rapid pace i'll admit, used to bash out minis at a quick rate but I've been out of the game for a couple years so just taking my time. got 5 tactical marines with the armour finished ready for detailing, same with 2 death company marines and the death company dread, hopefully i'll get chance to do some more work on them tonight and I'll get some pictures up!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll do my best!

Should be able to, looking forward to getting some more done tonight!

Watch this space!!

What are you working on at the moment Jace?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks @Tawa :) wanted to go for a little darker than normal and think it looks it, (well it does in reality more than that pic)

Hopefully I can get on with more this evening (currently stuck at work!!) And get some more pictures up! :victory:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And my WIP Tactical squad Sergeant

now be nice, in the very early stages still!

all comments/criticisms/feedback welcomed and appreciated :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
thanks @ntaw not actually played 40k for years but might get back into it once I have an army behind me!

here's a WIP pic I forgot; my BA Captain:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi Heretics!

A quick update; I've now managed to splash some paint on all my marines in this fledgling force and will get some pics up tommorow, (I did write a lengthy post around an hour ago with 7 or 8 images attached of my progress and my *ahem* 'trusty' IPad decided to close down the Internet! Needless to say I threw a tantrum and couldn't be bothered doing it again tonight!)

Watch this space... :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
No had much chance to do an awful lot of painting but here's how were looking so far with the WIP Blood Angels :)

Death Company coming along nicely:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
@ntaw I sometimes struggle with pupils not going to lie!

What I do is paint something 'easy' to start off with to get my eye in as they say and if the moons and stars line up and the chaos gods are with me and I'm doing well (for me!) then I'll give it a go!

...and if not like you said a wash! but I use a mix of nuln oil and flesh wash

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I'm back from the warp!

Working on these guys today :)

More to come! any comments/feedback etc. welcomed! But bear in mind these are WIP haha!!

Gorthol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts