Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here's my 1st test model with red power armour...

Base of Mephiston red, followed by a wash of heavily watered down Rhinox hide, followed by another layer of Mephiston red, washed with Carroburg crimson then a light drybrush of Mephiston red, (highlights to come tommorow when my eyes aren't tired!)

What do we all think? :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, 'this the season Jace!

Had an evening without the girlfiend so cracked a beer, put Iron Maiden on and did some modelling!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I'm curious to know how the can of Budweiser fits in with your painting
It's almost as important as the brush!

followed by a wash of heavily watered down Rhinox hide
Something I'm just getting the hang of now is Lahmian Medium from GW. You can use it to thin paints down for better blending, or go further and create your own washes/glazes with it. Might give you less trouble than using water since water doesn't mix quite as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Jace It's coming along, steadily but not at a rapid pace i'll admit, used to bash out minis at a quick rate but I've been out of the game for a couple years so just taking my time. got 5 tactical marines with the armour finished ready for detailing, same with 2 death company marines and the death company dread, hopefully i'll get chance to do some more work on them tonight and I'll get some pictures up!

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Well Jace It's coming along, steadily but not at a rapid pace i'll admit, used to bash out minis at a quick rate but I've been out of the game for a couple years so just taking my time. got 5 tactical marines with the armour finished ready for detailing, same with 2 death company marines and the death company dread, hopefully i'll get chance to do some more work on them tonight and I'll get some pictures up!
If you could post some pictures, that would be great! I enjoy WIP pics as a project moves along.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll do my best!

Should be able to, looking forward to getting some more done tonight!

Watch this space!!

What are you working on at the moment Jace?

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I'll do my best!

Should be able to, looking forward to getting some more done tonight!

Watch this space!!

What are you working on at the moment Jace?
At the moment, not a thing. I'm taking a breather after finishing up my Father's chess set I gave him for Christmas. However, after the new year, I'll be back into hobby mode and knocking out projects like Imperial Knights, Dark Eldar, Tau, Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, etc...

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
That's a nice shade of red you've got going. Looking forward to seeing your projects progression. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks @Tawa :) wanted to go for a little darker than normal and think it looks it, (well it does in reality more than that pic)

Hopefully I can get on with more this evening (currently stuck at work!!) And get some more pictures up! :victory:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And my WIP Tactical squad Sergeant

now be nice, in the very early stages still!

all comments/criticisms/feedback welcomed and appreciated :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts